PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)
Carrier: Sprint

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about getting the touch pro...

I got the HTC Touch with a sprint sero plan when it first came out last november (I think November 8 ). Now, after seeing all of the hype about the new Touch Pro and realizing that I really want a keyboard, I am trying to think of ways to get the touch pro. I guess the most important thing to me is not to mess with my Sero plan. Right now I pay $45.00/month for TEP insurance and 500 minutes and unimited internet and text. perfect plan for me and I do not want to risk losing it since sero is gone now. So, I am almost a year into my plan. I know i can probably pay full price for the Touch Pro (I think $579.00) but I am not sure I can justifiy it.

Is there anything I can do or say that might allow me to get some kind of break on the phone when it comes out without having to pay full price and still keep my plan??

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but Ocotber 19 will be here before we know it.

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: question about getting the touch pro...

If I was you I would wait til nov 9th to get the 75 off cause you had the phone for an year than I think its 50 off too instant saving plus the 100 MIR. I had my mogul for a year in oct so when it comes out oct 19th that's how imma get mine for a lil bit cheaper than the outright price hope this helps
Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That's what I was thinking too...by then most people will have reviewed it and some bugs may have been resolved. It will just be hard to wait that extra couple of weeks!!

What is the final breakdown of what you said above? I know I get $75 off for having my phone for 1 year but then what is the extra $50 for instant savings? And will I qualify for the MIR if I had not had my previous phone for the full 2 years?

Also, by doing it this way (instead of paying full price) can I extend my same Sero contract 2 years or will I have to get a new plan (since sero does not exist anymore)??

Thanks again!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: question about getting the touch pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
That's what I was thinking too...by then most people will have reviewed it and some bugs may have been resolved. It will just be hard to wait that extra couple of weeks!!

What is the final breakdown of what you said above? I know I get $75 off for having my phone for 1 year but then what is the extra $50 for instant savings? And will I qualify for the MIR if I had not had my previous phone for the full 2 years?

Also, by doing it this way (instead of paying full price) can I extend my same Sero contract 2 years or will I have to get a new plan (since sero does not exist anymore)??

Thanks again!
I believe don't quote me but if u renew 1 or 2 years u get the MIR or even if you pay full price you will get the MIR from my understanding. And I don't think you have to change ya plan to get this phone I don't think ppl did when they got the diamond. I just believe you might have to have an data plan already tho!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Read the Diamond Forums, there are PAGES of info on SERO and getting the Diamond, which applies to your question.

Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: question about getting the touch pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
Read the Diamond Forums, there are PAGES of info on SERO and getting the Diamond, which applies to your question.

Good Luck!
Thanks for that post.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

45? i only pay $40.57 for the same TEP/500 Min SERO plan. Must be tax differences, but didn't realize MA tax was that minimal.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

that includes 7.00/month for TEP insurance so when it is all said and done my bills is $45.52. I am in Illinois...so yeah, maybe taxes are higher??
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Regardless of SERO being there or not anymore, you cannot ever renew a SERO plan. You get two years. That's it. After the two years are up, you're forced to either find another carrier, or get a "real" Sprint plan.

Btw, I have the same plan, and it's $42.xx per month.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Regardless of SERO being there or not anymore, you cannot ever renew a SERO plan. You get two years. That's it. After the two years are up, you're forced to either find another carrier, or get a "real" Sprint plan.

Btw, I have the same plan, and it's $42.xx per month.
I am also payin 40.39 or something like that

Ive been with sero for quite sometime, does that mean when my yr is up i wont be grandfathered in and forced to another plan? i mean if thats the case than might as well renew and get the discount if no matter what im going to lose sero down the road.

Last edited by B18DelSolT; 09-22-2008 at 04:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro