PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Touch Pro still missing 3.5mm Audio Jack

If they included this I would be sold for sure. Why do they keep on doing this? The Touch HD has it!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G

5harkology is just getting started
Re: Touch Pro still missing 3.5mm Audio Jack

Just use the usb adapter. I'd rather them not add a 3.5mm jack and keep the phone looking smoother without a gaping hole in the side.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

gdavis612 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
Just use the usb adapter. I'd rather them not add a 3.5mm jack and keep the phone looking smoother without a gaping hole in the side.
heh he said gaping hole....

sorry had to do it.. but i dont see why people complaine i mean it would be one thing if they made you use the usb adapter and didnt provide headphones... but HTC has got to be the most generous phone maker ever opening a phone from them is like christmas with all the additional stuff they give you...
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Wow so they include some crappy usb headphones and that makes it alright?

I agree with the OP a 3.5mm jack seems like such a standard feature especially on a media phone. I cant tell you how many usb adapters I've lost during the last year, $15 bucks a pop adds up fast.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis612 View Post
heh he said gaping hole....

sorry had to do it.. but i dont see why people complaine i mean it would be one thing if they made you use the usb adapter and didnt provide headphones... but HTC has got to be the most generous phone maker ever opening a phone from them is like christmas with all the additional stuff they give you...
I laughed my butt off as well when he said gaping hole. lol

Anyway when people complained about the lack of fm radio i was like not a big deal but this is different. It would be nice to have a dedicated audio jack instead of that damn adapter, using the adpater especially if you are working out or jogging etc.... takes up space and can make it uncomfortable if its in my pocket.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I laughed my butt off as well when he said gaping hole. lol

Anyway when people complained about the lack of fm radio i was like not a big deal but this is different. It would be nice to have a dedicated audio jack instead of that damn adapter, using the adpater especially if you are working out or jogging etc.... takes up space and can make it uncomfortable if its in my pocket.
Thank you. I can do without the radio. I usually use bluetooth, but sometimes bletooth isn't the best option.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
Wow so they include some crappy usb headphones and that makes it alright?

I agree with the OP a 3.5mm jack seems like such a standard feature especially on a media phone. I cant tell you how many usb adapters I've lost during the last year, $15 bucks a pop adds up fast.
They include a pretty slick black dongle that matches the style of the phone that includes a mini-USB charge port, mini-USB headphone port, and 2.5mm and 3.5mm jacks. I think that's pretty reasonable. Yes, built-in would be better, but it would take up more space. One dongle to do it all is still better than the two that only did most of it for the Mogul.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started

I have some very nice Plantronics Bluetooth headphones. Pulsar 590e, I believe.

Audio Jack? I'd be fine if it didn't have one at all.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just dont understand why so many bluetooth headphones suck, it makes me not even want to buy them

Heres an idea if any ones listening, make me a bluetooth box or stick smaller than the ipod shuffle that i can connect a standard 3.5 jack too and i'll be very happy
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

I just wanted to add that bluetooth sucks while going snowboarding. Buttons and what not starts to freeze. So, that is when I really want a 3.5 mm jack. I COULD just use a converter, but that's just more stuff sticking out the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro