PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Insurance Replacement?

I posted over in the Titan forum, but I figured I'd post here too to see what people say. My mogul is basically dead now. Random hard keys aren't working, white spots on the screen (and screen randomly blips out), and now the phone freezes whenever you shut the screen off. Upon soft resetting, it will randomly soft reset during use (and even during boot at times).

I flashed back all sprint stock rom/bootloader and the problem is still there. I went to make an insurance claim on it, but they are only offering me the Touch as replacement. So I was thinking about waiting until the TPro comes out, and telling them the Touch isn't acceptable due to lack of hardware keyboard. What does everyone think my chances are of getting them to send me a TPro as insurance replacement? I do have another phone on another line that I can live with for a month (family member's phone that wasn't being used ATM, now I'm using it). I heard the rumor that the Titan is being EOLed in October, so maybe they aren't refurbishing/replacing them anymore?

Anyway, what are the chances of me getting a TPro replacement for the Mogul? I'm eligible for $150 upgrade credit and such, if that helps at all.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: Insurance Replacement?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. They will still us refurbs for at least another 6 months before there stock on Moguls are completed. U may have a better chance at trying to get someone in the call center, but even that's a long shot. It took damn near a year for me to get a mogul replacement for my Apache. But, good luck.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I posted over in the Titan forum, but I figured I'd post here too to see what people say. My mogul is basically dead now. Random hard keys aren't working, white spots on the screen (and screen randomly blips out), and now the phone freezes whenever you shut the screen off. Upon soft resetting, it will randomly soft reset during use (and even during boot at times).

I flashed back all sprint stock rom/bootloader and the problem is still there. I went to make an insurance claim on it, but they are only offering me the Touch as replacement. So I was thinking about waiting until the TPro comes out, and telling them the Touch isn't acceptable due to lack of hardware keyboard. What does everyone think my chances are of getting them to send me a TPro as insurance replacement? I do have another phone on another line that I can live with for a month (family member's phone that wasn't being used ATM, now I'm using it). I heard the rumor that the Titan is being EOLed in October, so maybe they aren't refurbishing/replacing them anymore?

Anyway, what are the chances of me getting a TPro replacement for the Mogul? I'm eligible for $150 upgrade credit and such, if that helps at all.

People are still getting Apache replacements. I wouldn't count on it.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Then why are they refusing the give me a Mogul replacement, and instead forcing a Touch on me when I try to get replacement now?

There was also the guy over on the Diamond forum who got a Diamond replacement for his Mogul as well.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

There should be no reason why they can't get you a Mogul or order you a replacement Mogul if you require a hardware keyboard. If you explain this to them they might be able to order you one which will only take a couple of days if not over night to get it. If they replace the phone with the Touch, it should not count towards your eligibity for full discounts to get the TPro when it comes out since it was given as the replacement phone.

The Touch Pro is the official replacement for the Mogul. However, I have never had the experience of getting a new phone as a insurance replacment. It has always been told to me that they will exhaust the refirbs first before they give a newer phone out as replacment. Others have had different expierences with it.

The TPro comes out on October 19th. So if your phone is going to die before then, I would push them to get you a Mogul as a replacement or accept the Touch and go wiht it for a few weeks until the TPro comes out.

All you can do is state your case and see what they will do.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Well, the phone is already dead. I just didn't know if it was worth waiting for the Pro or not.

Which is worth more at resale time... Touch or Titan?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Well, the phone is already dead. I just didn't know if it was worth waiting for the Pro or not.

Which is worth more at resale time... Touch or Titan?
I woould most definatly be wirht waiting for the Pro. Warranty replacements never count towards your discount "credit". So if they don't wnat to give you another Mogul, take the Touch. Get the TPro when it comes out and sell the Touch on eBay or something.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

I meant worth it as in worth it to wait and try for an insurance replacement. I know that the ins. replacement doesn't count towards the credit, but if the Touch is worth significantly less than the Titan, it might be worth making a fuss to them and maybe accept it for some bill credits or something, if they will compensate.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was going to get the Diamond as a Insurance replacement for my Mogul this morning and when we were processing the order I got cut off. I called back about an hour later and the person I ended up talking was able to get a new (not a refurb) Mogul for me. I told her that I just wanted to finish up my order from before and she said that she couldn't do that. She ended up doing an advance exchange that way I didn't have to pay the $50 for insurance. I will settle for having a brand new mogul for free.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Hmm, I could go for a Diamond or something then sell it or something for the Pro later on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro