PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SKIMMAH is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SKIMMAH
Help needed. Backround info included.

On January 14th I recieved my Touch Pro upgrading from the Touch Diamond. I've learned some basics in the time that i've owned the Diamond. I started with a simple program, Diamond Hacks. Since then I became more intersted in hacking and tweaking my phone. I've been on this site day and night, reading several posts to gain a better knowledge. I've also installed a couple more programs including: Avanced Config, Diamond Tweaks, PHM RegEdit, and Total Commander. I experimented with some cab. files as well for clocks, themes etc. In my learning process, i've encountered some problems from "rookie" mistakes and have had to hard reset my device for a total of 6 times. The mistake I was making was simply storing the cab. files in the wrong place. One of the problems this caused was in Landscape mode. There would be garbled words and a "doodle" in the center of the screen. By now i've obviously figured out what I was doing wrong and i've fixed the problems I had but now i've encountered another problem. I disabled the HTC phone pad for the default Windows Mobile dialer. Starting yesterday when I re-enabled the HTC dialer, when I recieve calls, the "Answer" and "Ignore" soft keys on screen do not respond. Neither do the hard keys. It does not occur on every phone call I recieve, just every so often. Can anyone help me with this issue? I have not made any RegEdits, just used the options from AvancedConfig and Diamond Tweaks. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help needed. Backround info included.

my first piece of advice is to install some sort of backup software and make frequent backups when applying tweaks to your phone. I personally use SPB backup. Very good program. I make plenty of incremental backups in case I mess something up. Once im happy with a setup I delete previous backups to save space on my storage card, although I have a 16gb card and space isnt really an issue. but anyway.

my next advice is to go through the programs you used to tweak your phone and restore defaults. this will pretty much undo everything you have done, but things should work again. this is probably not the advice you are looking for but I have done it enough times to know that it works. reset defaults then make a backup and start over. if nothing else, ive learned that tweaking my phone is time consuming but well worth the effort. I take baby steps with my phone and try not to change too much at one time. not sure if everyone else does it this way, but for me its the most stable way.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIMMAH View Post
On January 14th I recieved my Touch Pro upgrading from the Touch Diamond. I've learned some basics in the time that i've owned the Diamond. I started with a simple program, Diamond Hacks. Since then I became more intersted in hacking and tweaking my phone. I've been on this site day and night, reading several posts to gain a better knowledge. I've also installed a couple more programs including: Avanced Config, Diamond Tweaks, PHM RegEdit, and Total Commander. I experimented with some cab. files as well for clocks, themes etc. In my learning process, i've encountered some problems from "rookie" mistakes and have had to hard reset my device for a total of 6 times. The mistake I was making was simply storing the cab. files in the wrong place. One of the problems this caused was in Landscape mode. There would be garbled words and a "doodle" in the center of the screen. By now i've obviously figured out what I was doing wrong and i've fixed the problems I had but now i've encountered another problem. I disabled the HTC phone pad for the default Windows Mobile dialer. Starting yesterday when I re-enabled the HTC dialer, when I recieve calls, the "Answer" and "Ignore" soft keys on screen do not respond. Neither do the hard keys. It does not occur on every phone call I recieve, just every so often. Can anyone help me with this issue? I have not made any RegEdits, just used the options from AvancedConfig and Diamond Tweaks. Thanks in advance.
If memory serves me right, I believe the culprit is an option in Diamond Tweaks . It innocently disguises itself as "No delay on Ring" or something in that fashion. uncheck it and find the diamond thead "deley on answer solved"

What you will want to find is Shaggy's SuspendRemove777.cab close to the end, run that and it will change your data setting from GPRS(GSM) to 777 data. Doing this through Total Commander is kinda a chore, i recommend the cab

edit: attached the cab for you, thanks to Shaggy

Last edited by Deimoss; 12-17-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

@ henbone11, i will take your advice and restore all defaults and once AGAIN take baby steps to tweaking my phone. I too use SPB (Sprite Mobile correct?). I got it in an "HTC Special Edition" package which includes SpriteBackup and SpriteTerminator. Paid $20. I love it.
@Deimoss, I have checked my registry for the suspendresume as you stated and it does say "#777" Nothing including GRPS but thanks for your input.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIMMAH View Post
@ henbone11, i will take your advice and restore all defaults and once AGAIN take baby steps to tweaking my phone. I too use SPB (Sprite Mobile correct?). I got it in an "HTC Special Edition" package which includes SpriteBackup and SpriteTerminator. Paid $20. I love it.
@Deimoss, I have checked my registry for the suspendresume as you stated and it does say "#777" Nothing including GRPS but thanks for your input.
to my knowledge, SPB and sprite are different programs. I started with sprite backup though and its fine. it worked well for me.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
to my knowledge, SPB and sprite are different programs. I started with sprite backup though and its fine. it worked well for me.
Well, im still learning. Lol. Anyway, as i stated, i use Sprite Mobile software.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro