PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

darkshadow46236 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If we could add Android on the Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I spoke with my cousin about this (he's been in internet marketing for the past 10+ years) and he said it's actually been out for a while, but it's somewhat buggy and they still haven't gotten close to perfecting the technology. Although, I'm definitely for technology advancement, I'm also about functionality...so, for me, this one will have to wait.
Yeah, I'd go with a stowaway for now.

For me, the one advantage of Android is the browser. If it's really based of Google Chrome, it's got a chance of being better than Opera 9.5; and that would be nice.

What would really be nice is if it worked with google documents.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex

Ok here we go, the G1 (aka - Dream) has been announce. http://www.t-mobileg1.com/default.aspx While it does look very cool and my first response was.. this may be the next phone... it is all OS. The phone itself looks brickish, and imagining the HTC Pro able to do this (which technically it should be able to) is indeed a very happy dream! Compiling Android to take full advantage of the Pro hardware will make an amazing phone even more fun.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post
Ok here we go, the G1 (aka - Dream) has been announce. http://www.t-mobileg1.com/default.aspx While it does look very cool and my first response was.. this may be the next phone... it is all OS. The phone itself looks brickish, and imagining the HTC Pro able to do this (which technically it should be able to) is indeed a very happy dream! Compiling Android to take full advantage of the Pro hardware will make an amazing phone even more fun.
The black color being advertised on the news looks much better than the white, but...

Based on the size specs listed on Phone Arena, it's 1 mm less in depth than the Touch Pro, but add the height and width of the iPhone and you get a very "brick like" phone. When people were talking about the Mogul or Touch Pro being a "brick"...this one could define brick.

It is seemingly getting the "hype" of being an iPhone competitor, but unless android provides an "easy learning curve" for the everday consumer, it won't really compete that much. That being said, it could potentially draw the "tech savvy" crowd, but how many "average customers" are really that "tech savvy"? I can definitely see this appealing to females (since they have a purse to carry around the bulky phone). We'll just see who jumps on board with it. One thing is for sure, it could easily make Sprint lose more customers (even with the Touch Pro release only 3 days prior - Tmobile G1 is scheduled for 10/22 release from what I heard in the news).

Anyhow, too big for my tastes, especially if you're adding the similar height and width dimensions as the iPhone.

I'm still on the Touch Pro train! And if the information the one person indicated on another thread about the 10/2/08 date was correct and it can be ordered earlier than anticipated, I'll be all over that!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Likewise! I am not usually a first day out type of guy. I let the crowd get in and mess things up, then I go once the stock gets replenished or whatever... but this time I am probably going to be one of the "first on the block" people. The G1 seems to big for most people (purses or not). My wife has a Centro and she just thinks it is the "cutest" phone. So I have a hard time seeing a woman with the G1. The Pro on the other hand... black is sliming ya know. Plus it just looks elegant and looks are a big factor to some women when it comes to getting a phone (and face it... 98% of the guys here too want to have a good looking phone... however you define good looking *no external antena is good looking enough for some*). I have been reading a lot of news stories about the G1 and almost all of them are missing the fact that the phone is just a shell, and the OS and the carriers make up a lot of what makes this a revolutionary time. If it wasn't for the crew here and XDA I might be on the G1 train as well. But knowing that the "special" features that the G1 can do are already mostly available in the Pro, and can be emulated (or as I have been hoping, run natively via bootup) makes other phone releases something to smile about. Not a smile because "my phone is better", or "I am so excited to buy this next thing", but I actually smile knowing that somewhere, someone is seeing it and saying, "let's add that software to this HTC phone that is already out." It's the reason I have been able to keep my 6700 for so long.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post
Likewise! I am not usually a first day out type of guy. I let the crowd get in and mess things up, then I go once the stock gets replenished or whatever... but this time I am probably going to be one of the "first on the block" people. The G1 seems to big for most people (purses or not). My wife has a Centro and she just thinks it is the "cutest" phone. So I have a hard time seeing a woman with the G1. The Pro on the other hand... black is sliming ya know. Plus it just looks elegant and looks are a big factor to some women when it comes to getting a phone (and face it... 98% of the guys here too want to have a good looking phone... however you define good looking *no external antena is good looking enough for some*). I have been reading a lot of news stories about the G1 and almost all of them are missing the fact that the phone is just a shell, and the OS and the carriers make up a lot of what makes this a revolutionary time. If it wasn't for the crew here and XDA I might be on the G1 train as well. But knowing that the "special" features that the G1 can do are already mostly available in the Pro, and can be emulated (or as I have been hoping, run natively via bootup) makes other phone releases something to smile about. Not a smile because "my phone is better", or "I am so excited to buy this next thing", but I actually smile knowing that somewhere, someone is seeing it and saying, "let's add that software to this HTC phone that is already out." It's the reason I have been able to keep my 6700 for so long.
Thing is, I'm secretly hoping that the G1 is the "new trend" to compete with the iPhone! That just makes it easier for us Touch Pro followers to get a "better deal" on the Touch Pro, just for Sprint to keep "happy customers" and improve their CS! As far as I'm concerned, even though I am very familiar with trends in so many different areas, I try not to go along with them when it comes to tech stuff. The Touch Pro is still the #1 phone for my needs (business, personal, AND "cool factor"), but if the iPhone, G1...even the HD get more popular, I'll actually be happy (cuz Sprint will do everything they can to keep me on board, considering how loyal I've been through the good and bad CS I've experienced).
Old 09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

rileyfreeman is keeping up the good workrileyfreeman is keeping up the good work

why does the OP think the pro has a tv out. that has always been a GSM feature. has anyone received confirmation that the cdma model will feature a tv out also?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can confirm that the Pro will have TV-Out. I was talking with the developer and he has been playing with the phone for a lil over a month now dialing it in for Sprint. I asked if the TV-Out was going to be Removed and was told a strict no...

James
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

rileyfreeman is keeping up the good workrileyfreeman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
I can confirm that the Pro will have TV-Out. I was talking with the developer and he has been playing with the phone for a lil over a month now dialing it in for Sprint. I asked if the TV-Out was going to be Removed and was told a strict no...

James

hmmm interesting. well thank you for the info. but no offence id be shocked for that. ill believe it when i see it.

telus is scheduled to release it this week. i think wednesday or thursday so ill be picking one up and check if this is a true
Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A quote from the Email for a person I know very well that has been spot on about ever Rom Release for both the Mogul and Touch. Just look at my old threads

"Picturemail is also still in scope for HTC Diamond and Touch Pro. We are still planning lots of RAM on both devices and TV out on the Touch Pro."

James
Old 12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/board/4...htc-touch.html Of course.. until I see it on XDA and here it is far from what I am looking for. (This is just the Touch itself by the way, not the pro... but again, it is *well it should be* possible)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro