PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
why the touch pro???

why are we upgrading our titans to the touch pro?

just cause its newer?

im serious, can any of u 'sell' me on the touch pro over my mogul?

i know it has the accelerometer. but what else?

kinda like a "Titan Vs. Touch Pro" showdown.

i would never get the diamond cause i need a qwerty keyboard. dont wanna talk about diamond, just the touch pro.

Things I love about my mogul:
-Thin
-medium/large battery
-scroll wheel !
-screen centered on the device.
-mail and PIE buttons ( i use em all the time)
-gps and agps (as of a few days ago )
-did i say scroll wheel?
-already be hacked up real good
- external switch for wifi on/off
- All the external buttons.

things i dont like:
-kinda slow OS ( like the touch pro is really gonna be different)
-no 3d drivers (what was the last thing u needed these drivers for?)
-no multitouch support (neither does the touch pro)

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-12-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Iphone 2G
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

toant103 is a n00b
Re: why the touch pro???

640x480 resolution for me.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

Gizmogajet is a n00b

Ram... 288 MB of it...
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

The reason that I'm considering upgrading (I will probably sell my Mogul and Treo 650 if I do), is because of stability.

I need my phone for business....hell, I need it just as a PHONE, and yes, I DO have plenty of fun with it otherwise......but at the end of the day, I need my device to work and function like it's supposed to.....not closing programs all the fracking time, or hanging/freezing (NOT due to software conflict) because it is out of memory....or being so sloooooooow speed-wise. I do NOT want to have to reset my device in the middle of my workday two or more times per day for WHATEVER reason, lol

My first 3 months with this device were the most frustrating I've had with any gadget, ever, lol I was so used to the speed and stability of Palm Treo's (and Dumbphones) that I was floored by.....well, you get it.

Now granted, these days, running DCD's latest is actually making up decently enough in terms of speed and performance (Thank you DCD as well as No2Chem!).......

But if you could get WinMo 6.1 with over 200+ MB of RAM (Hell, I'd take 128!).....for reasons of stabililty, wouldn't you?

~ Journey

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 09-12-2008 at 02:26 AM.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm having a hard time too, especially after reading of all the problems the early GSM users are having on XDA. It's like the early Mogul all over again
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
The reason that I'm considering upgrading (I will probably sell my Mogul and Treo 650 if I do), is because of stability.

I need my phone for business....hell, I need it just as a PHONE, and yes, I DO have plenty of fun with it otherwise......but at the end of the day, I need my device to work and function like it's supposed to.....not closing programs all the fracking time, or hanging/freezing (NOT due to software conflict) because it is out of memory....or being so sloooooooow speed-wise. I do NOT want to have to reset my device in the middle of my workday twice or more times per day for WHATEVER reason, lol

My first 3 months with this device were the most frustrating I've had with any gadget, ever, lol I was so used to the speed and stability of Palm Treo's (and Dumbphones) that I was floored by.....well, you get it.

Now granted, these days, running DCD's latest is actually making up decently enough in terms of speed and performance (Thank you DCD as well as No2Chem!).......

But if could get WinMo 6.1 with over 200MB of RAM (Hell, I'd take 128!).....for reasons of stabililty, wouldn't you?

~ Journey
Working as a PHONE is one of the biggest complaints, on XDA, with the Pro. The speaker volume is apparently TERRIBLE, and some are returning it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Hmm, thanks for the heads up! I think I'll go on over to XDA and check this out.

~Journey
Old 09-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

TV Out
Higher Resolution 640 x 480
More memory

Those would be my reasons for getting it. I will definitely miss the external buttons and the scroll wheel though
Old 09-12-2008, 02:44 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Working as a PHONE is one of the biggest complaints, on XDA, with the Pro. The speaker volume is apparently TERRIBLE, and some are returning it.
Nothing a ROM or radio upgrade can't fix ......... I hope

IDK... Maybe it's a 3G issue, who knows, too early to tell, but I know I'm more then ready to let go off my Mogul, that's for damn sure!

The phone will have kitchens, boot loaders, radio and ROM upgrades before you know it.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond

RootWind is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Isn't that the exact same problem that the Titan had? (Fixed with audiopara tweak).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro