PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cross-Compatibility of Mogul accessories with Touch Pro?

I'm posting a new thread about this to get a general idea (just to prepare for the Sprint release) of the accessories that can be cross-compatible between the Mogul and the Touch Pro.

For example, will we be able to use the mini-USB to USB cable that came with the Mogul? I'm assuming the answer would be, yes.

How about the OEM HTC car charger I bought for the Mogul. I'm assuming that will work as well, correct?

One thing that I'll probably have to sell with my Mogul is the desktop charger because it's set to match up with the placement of the mini-usb input on the mogul (which is really no skin off my back because I'm sure someone will come up with one for the Touch Pro). From the pics of the GSM and Telus Touch Pro, it looks like the mini-usb input slot is positioned at the center-bottom of the phone, rather than slightly to the right (on the Mogul).

Any of you that are more "in the know" technically, would you chime in and give your .02?

TIA,
drex
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: Cross-Compatibility of Mogul accessories with Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I'm posting a new thread about this to get a general idea (just to prepare for the Sprint release) of the accessories that can be cross-compatible between the Mogul and the Touch Pro.

For example, will we be able to use the mini-USB to USB cable that came with the Mogul? I'm assuming the answer would be, yes.

How about the OEM HTC car charger I bought for the Mogul. I'm assuming that will work as well, correct?

One thing that I'll probably have to sell with my Mogul is the desktop charger because it's set to match up with the placement of the mini-usb input on the mogul (which is really no skin off my back because I'm sure someone will come up with one for the Touch Pro). From the pics of the GSM and Telus Touch Pro, it looks like the mini-usb input slot is positioned at the center-bottom of the phone, rather than slightly to the right (on the Mogul).

Any of you that are more "in the know" technically, would you chime in and give your .02?

TIA,
drex
the mini usb->usb cable should work fine as it is just a standard mini usb cable.... any mini usb cable should work fine on either....

as for the car charger (I assume you mean the sprint one) it should work fine as well as it just charges through miniusb the same way it would if you hooked it up to a computer (note though that since this is not an official htc charger it slow charges the phone and charges considerably slower than normal chargers - I believe this is because pin 4 and 5 are not connected to each other as they are in the oem charger that comes with the device - and this is the case with most chargers you find as well as charging off the computer to prevent it from overloading unknown chargers/usb ports).

I imagine any desktop charger will not fit as the location of the mini usb port changes from device to device. I would not recommend using a charger other than the included home chargers anyways however if you have it around. As I said above these will slow charge the phone and often will not top the battery off completely as well. You can note the differences in charging speed with the nuepower tool (it will show the incoming milliamps it is drawing off the charger).
Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I also agree with the above poster. The desktop charger will most likely not line up.

However, you can try getting one of the gorgous Pro cradles. They have inserts for both the Diamond and Pro

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

wow..that picture looks nice

Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
the mini usb->usb cable should work fine as it is just a standard mini usb cable.... any mini usb cable should work fine on either....

as for the car charger (I assume you mean the sprint one) it should work fine as well as it just charges through miniusb the same way it would if you hooked it up to a computer (note though that since this is not an official htc charger it slow charges the phone and charges considerably slower than normal chargers - I believe this is because pin 4 and 5 are not connected to each other as they are in the oem charger that comes with the device - and this is the case with most chargers you find as well as charging off the computer to prevent it from overloading unknown chargers/usb ports).

I imagine any desktop charger will not fit as the location of the mini usb port changes from device to device. I would not recommend using a charger other than the included home chargers anyways however if you have it around. As I said above these will slow charge the phone and often will not top the battery off completely as well. You can note the differences in charging speed with the nuepower tool (it will show the incoming milliamps it is drawing off the charger).
For the car charger, I meant the HTC OEM charger. It's an accessory made by HTC directly. Has a Blue HTC logo that lights up at the base when it's plugged in.

Also, with the desktop charger, I knew it would not work with the Touch Pro.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I also agree with the above poster. The desktop charger will most likely not line up.

However, you can try getting one of the gorgous Pro cradles. They have inserts for both the Diamond and Pro

Looks like I'm gonna have some accessories to buy at the same time. Thanks for the pic. That is awesome.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

So both versions of the phone (pro/non-pro) come with the cradle?

that is just sexy looking...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

they dont come with the cradle. it's a separate accesory, but you can see a little outline around the base of the phone in the pic. that's an insert that you can swap out for one that fits the touch pro.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Who is selling the cradle? Is it OEM or aftermarket? Link?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Who is selling the cradle? Is it OEM or aftermarket? Link?
Quickly found this off google search:
http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=169488
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro