PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wi-Fi calling with Pro???

So sprint coverage in my area blows.
Will be able to load Skype on this and use it to make wi-fi calls???
I really can't bring myself to buying the Airrave, then paying another monthly fee just to use it.....
Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Re: Wi-Fi calling with Pro???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooZx3 View Post
So sprint coverage in my area blows.
Will be able to load Skype on this and use it to make wi-fi calls???
I really can't bring myself to buying the Airrave, then paying another monthly fee just to use it.....
Call sprint (*2). When the computer asks why you are calling say Cancel.

When the person comes on explain that you like Sprint but the service at home is really bad and it is making you think of switching to another provider.

It is likely that they will offer you the Airave. Explain to them, very kindly, that you heard a little bit about it but you can't possibly see paying a monthly fee for it just to make the service usable at your home. Explain, calmly and friendly, that you don't think it is fair to have to pay just to provide coverage at your home.

See if they offer it to you with a discount. Many people have gotten it for free including free service and free device. Myself included. My service at home can't hang onto a call for more than a couple minutes if that long before it drops.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
Call sprint (*2). When the computer asks why you are calling say Cancel.

When the person comes on explain that you like Sprint but the service at home is really bad and it is making you think of switching to another provider.

It is likely that they will offer you the Airave. Explain to them, very kindly, that you heard a little bit about it but you can't possibly see paying a monthly fee for it just to make the service usable at your home. Explain, calmly and friendly, that you don't think it is fair to have to pay just to provide coverage at your home.

See if they offer it to you with a discount. Many people have gotten it for free including free service and free device. Myself included. My service at home can't hang onto a call for more than a couple minutes if that long before it drops.
thanx, i just called to tell them that im having bad service in my home, which i really am, and they told me i could have 20 dollars off a month from my plan which i agreed to. so now i have 1250 minutes a month, unlimited text, unlimited internet, and free nights and weekends starting at 7:00 for 29.99 a month. im quite happy with that deal ^_^
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
thanx, i just called to tell them that im having bad service in my home, which i really am, and they told me i could have 20 dollars off a month from my plan which i agreed to. so now i have 1250 minutes a month, unlimited text, unlimited internet, and free nights and weekends starting at 7:00 for 29.99 a month. im quite happy with that deal ^_^
you got $20/mo off the $50 sero plan? that is unheard of!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MooZx3 is a n00b

haha wow, yeah guess I'll have to try this.... thanks.

Either way, would it still be possible to load skype onto this???
I use it as my main line at home, and know a few skyper's, so still having it on the phone would be nice.
Like the Titan.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
you got $20/mo off the $50 sero plan? that is unheard of!
hah yeah, i was quite shocked. so i agreed before they could realize what they did lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro