PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Review: Downsides to the Touch Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeH5-6Cm-Y

I really wish they could of used the touch navigation pad to use for scrolling though documents ect

Discuss....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Video Review: Downsides to the Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkostera1 View Post
I really wish they could of used the touch navigation pad to use for scrolling though documents ect
i bet in a future rom that issue will be resolved. but still, nobody really wants to wait for that. the main problems that i'm concerned with are:

1. switching from portrait to landscape seems confusing and cumbersome.

2. the keyboard keys are smaller.

3. the guy in the video said that it is harder and slower to get around than with previous ppc devices.

Last edited by theevilmonkee; 08-15-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone seen this one about problems found with the Touch Diamond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzWelkw5gA
I imagine that the Touch Pro will have the same problems, but I hope not.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Has anyone seen this one about problems found with the Touch Diamond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzWelkw5gA
I imagine that the Touch Pro will have the same problems, but I hope not.
This has supposedly been fixed in both the touch pro and newer rom upgrades on the touch diamond....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

dastars is a n00b

My thoughts, whatever it's worth:

1. The sliding thing strikes me as identical to the Mogul, which (at least mine) has held up just fine.
2. I am going to miss the left-side scroller, but hopefully a ROM/tweak will make the scrollpad function the same way (I rarely zoom and would rather scroll).
3. Don't care about cameraphones, so meh on the flash.
4. Notifications will be a problem, but hopefully an easy fix, and in the meantime, I'll probably just learn how to plan around them or learn the end-arounds (like the wifi icon he shows in the video).
5. Auto-correct does sound truly horrid, but I'm okay with a few typos.
6. Hopefully the dead/bright pixel issue isn't a widespread manufacturing issue; guess we'll have to see.
7. I'm glad TouchFlo is toggle-able (is that a word?) for occasions when I'm stretching battery or doing a bunch of stuff... but it does look damn fine and helpful on occasions when it's not sluggish.

Overall - a few small (and in the case of auto-correct, damn foolish) problems, but nothing dealbreaking and probably nothing that can't be quick-fixed either by HTC or by our lovely professionals here at PPC Geeks
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

None of the issues are ones that are "deal breakers" for me. The one thing I did notice was that the slide open is set up like the PPC-6700 vs. the current Mogul. I'm wondering if that's just for the UK or if the slide open function is going to be the same worldwide.

One of the things I noticed was the guy kept on mentioning the word "slow." I'm wondering if that's just in his opinion of he's thinking in the general scope of things that majority of people will think about it. For example, a lot of issues that people seem to have with the Mogul, I don't really get bothered by

Does anybody know if the CDMA Sprint version is going to have the same or better specs than the GSM Euro version?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
One of the things I noticed was the guy kept on mentioning the word "slow." I'm wondering if that's just in his opinion of he's thinking in the general scope of things that majority of people will think about it. For example, a lot of issues that people seem to have with the Mogul, I don't really get bothered by

Does anybody know if the CDMA Sprint version is going to have the same or better specs than the GSM Euro version?
He also says its slow due to touchflow3d. Im pretty much a hardcore winmo user now. All i need on my today screen is quick menu and a nice picture, possibly a clock, and definitely s2u2, i want this phone for its specs and drivers, not for touchflow lol.

I really want to know how it handles switching from portrait to landscape with tf3d off, if its truly as snappy as ive been dreaming. And the zoom will does seem pretty useless, i thought it was program based and that opera was effectively using it as an analog, you know, clock wise is up/zoom in, and the opposite... what a let down. Hopefully htc will get on this quick.

And wow@dead pixels, if this happens, can any of you guys imagine the amount of return this will have? The amount of money lost in repairs? That would be bad... very bad.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Yeah i think some of the problems he listed arnt that drastic. camera issue can probably be fixed with the mogul camera app, without flash at night the camera still took good photos. Only thing i think will be a problem will probably be the Notifications which im sure there are ways to get around and see them,
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
Yeah i think some of the problems he listed arnt that drastic. camera issue can probably be fixed with the mogul camera app, without flash at night the camera still took good photos. Only thing i think will be a problem will probably be the Notifications which im sure there are ways to get around and see them,
does the mogul camera app work on the touch?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hope HTC's QC improves for the CDMA version. I definitely don't want dead pixels on mine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro