PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey
Re: Video Review: Downsides to the Touch Pro

Will the phone rotate when you tilt the phone, or only in certain apps? I like how on the Touch it has the buttons where you can rotate it no matter what the app... I'm hoping this phone will retain that functionality (or at least have a shortcut, tho with the accelerometer it'd be nice to just rotate it).
Old 08-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Like my girlfriend for example, she is 5'7" and weighs about 150lbs and fine as hell. Now if we take that same 150lbs and put it in a 5 foot frame then we might have a problem.
lol this line is killing me lol
Old 08-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Lurker

wicked_wick is a n00b

i think it might appear as being "slow" to the guy in the video mostly because of how many programs he had running.

When he brought up the task manager, at least 7 programs where showing, and he even scrolled through those to see more.

Yes, the memory is much improved, but even with 1GB of memory, if you have every app on the phone running, it's going to bog down somewhat
Old 08-19-2008, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

rambrush is a n00b

I am still not finding a external antenna port, its a gotta have for my locations
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I would say that the majority of ppc users don't use that POS program in our moguls but that is just a guess. The recessed and somewhat unresponsive screen made it very difficult for daily use.
If touchflo3d slows down the responsiveness on the touch pro by 0.01 second I will disable it.
All of my above opinions are that, "Opinions".
I disagree i upgraded to the commercial FtouchSL version I haven't used my Mogul with out it. TFSL is very responsive and reliable. Even now as I cook roms, FTSL is the first app i install after Flashing. The universal scrolling is so smooth i sometimes forget about the wheel until i bump it by accident. I don't use all the gestures. I don't see the logic in adding App launching through gestures because the Mogul has a billion buttons to map.

this is my opinion, and I will probably be using the gestures on Touch Pro.

And yes it is a toy I use this thing more than I drive my car. And I love my car. it is my everything machine. I was the "My phone needs to be able to bounce off the floor and keep dialing guy." No frills just calls. And all bars all the time.

Now I don't understand how I got through the day with out it. It wakes me up for work, it finds me food, it streams gigabytes of data so that i may stay culturally relevant after a two week trip across the country. It finds me the local watering hole when my depressed. And even guides me safely home. It even keeps me company at night with its blinking light as to say "yes im here and every thing is ok."
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So, the lack of scroll wheel doesnt have to be a problem?

I like FTSL, but i dont like purchasing apps... period, i love the dev community of these phones and i tend to jump around to the next best thing. But it wont be so bad, i did buy a certain photoshop caliber image editor.

Anyways, im impatient trying to figure out about the capacitive multi board under the screen, this thing can easily be used to handle scrolling throughout the entire os, but from all the videos i see, it looks like its also laggy. Someone draws a line and theres a dot thats mapped to the last point picked up after about .5s which is really slow IMO.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 6800 htc pro tp2

mdcnman6 is a n00b

anyone can find something they dont like...there's no perfect phone..especially with all the software and programs incoperated in them....on that note this is... if not the best but one of the most advanced phones to hit the market..and it will only get better..theres no mold to follow so mistakes will be made....thats my 1cent..i cant wait to get one
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
do you see how THICK that thing is... man...

Hold on, i'm getting a phone call....
hello???

I can definitly deal with 4GB mem on the diamond, cuz the pro is WAY HUGE for my pockets...

Now maybe if you carry a bag around or suitcase to work where you can put the pro in, thats different... for me 4Gigs is pleanty
heh - you have to be a little thicker to get a keyboard - a microsd slot is certainly not the primary upgrade for the pro vs the diamond. it is still (slightly) thinner than the mogul which already fits quite perfectly in the side pocket of all of my jeans.... I can't believe anyone would get the pro only because of the microsd slot vs the 4gig internal memory. it's still very thin for having a full 5row qwerty keyboard.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
So, the lack of scroll wheel doesnt have to be a problem?

I like FTSL, but i dont like purchasing apps... period, i love the dev community of these phones and i tend to jump around to the next best thing. But it wont be so bad, i did buy a certain photoshop caliber image editor.

Anyways, im impatient trying to figure out about the capacitive multi board under the screen, this thing can easily be used to handle scrolling throughout the entire os, but from all the videos i see, it looks like its also laggy. Someone draws a line and theres a dot thats mapped to the last point picked up after about .5s which is really slow IMO.
the dpad works as a scroll wheel ipod style (although it is primarily used for zooming currently rather than scrolling). I'm sure there will be addons to make it scroll and also I'm sure it will have finger scrolling which will be quite easy with the flush screen..... much of the lagginess has been fixed with recent firmware upgrades on the diamond (which should mean the pro no longer has these issues either).
Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Do you guys even realize how small a 2mm difference is?

Its completely negligible... now if it was 10, I could see the *****ing... but its only 2mm for the added bonus of a full keyboard...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro