PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Re: Video Review: Downsides to the Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
does the mogul camera app work on the touch?
i dont wanna say yes, but i do know that the touch camera app works on the mogul. i did use it but saw it didnt work so great in dark enviroments so went back.

as far as the touch pro.. for web browsing, i think for page scrolling it should be tilt the phone what ever direction you want to move seeing how we have the acceloromoter.

p.s. if there are any typos lol i did this on my mohul with size 14 font and zoom @ 50% in opera lol. those are my thoughts
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

NO FLASH!??????????

can anyone confirm this? the flashlight is the best part of my mogul.. which i just sold in anticipation of the TP
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work

The GOOD thing about that video is that other than missing the scroll wheel all the issues are software related.... I mean look what has been done with the mogul, In case you forgot they were launched without touch flow and I dont know anyone with a PPC that doesnt use touchflo, free or commercial. The latest cooked ROMs even give you mapping control of the wifi switch. I cant wait to see what can be done with all that ram Im sure someone will find a way to gain control of the zoom wheel for scrolling. its just a matter of time... and I will count the days!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
The GOOD thing about that video is that other than missing the scroll wheel all the issues are software related.... I mean look what has been done with the mogul, In case you forgot they were launched without touch flow and I dont know anyone with a PPC that doesnt use touchflo, free or commercial. The latest cooked ROMs even give you mapping control of the wifi switch. I cant wait to see what can be done with all that ram Im sure someone will find a way to gain control of the zoom wheel for scrolling. its just a matter of time... and I will count the days!
I don't use touch flo on my mogul. Never uploaded the program...LOL
Old 08-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

do you see how THICK that thing is... man...

Hold on, i'm getting a phone call....
hello???

I can definitly deal with 4GB mem on the diamond, cuz the pro is WAY HUGE for my pockets...

Now maybe if you carry a bag around or suitcase to work where you can put the pro in, thats different... for me 4Gigs is pleanty
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
I dont know anyone with a PPC that doesnt use touchflo, free or commercial.
I would say that the majority of ppc users don't use that POS program in our moguls but that is just a guess. The recessed and somewhat unresponsive screen made it very difficult for daily use.

If touchflo3d slows down the responsiveness on the touch pro by 0.01 second I will disable it.

All of my above opinions are that, "Opinions".
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I don't have TouchFlo on my Mogul, and have no interest in it. I'm glad to hear that the Touch Pro can run with or without it. PPC's are a tool to me, not a toy or entertainment center, nor does "cool factor" mean diddley to me. Functionality for business, without software problems, is what matters.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ALBOWSKI is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
do you see how THICK that thing is... man...

Hold on, i'm getting a phone call....

hello???

I can definitly deal with 4GB mem on the diamond, cuz the pro is WAY HUGE for my pockets...

Now maybe if you carry a bag around or suitcase to work where you can put the pro in, thats different... for me 4Gigs is pleanty

lol, a few millimeters is really that big of a deal to you? your not one of those guys that wears his lil sisters jeans are you? lol JK man although I do really hate the tight pants on guys look
Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBOWSKI View Post
lol, a few millimeters is really that big of a deal to you? your not one of those guys that wears his lil sisters jeans are you? lol JK man although I do really hate the tight pants on guys look
Lol, thats pretty damn funny but I do understand what he is saying. The thickness is somewhat unattractive, I don't have an issue with the overall size of the mogul but when compared to the raphael its different. With the raphael being shorter and narrower with basically the same thickness, it just looks more like a brick. Like my girlfriend for example, she is 5'7" and weighs about 150lbs and fine as hell. Now if we take that same 150lbs and put it in a 5 foot frame then we might have a problem. But like I said in another post, I am buying this on day one, hopefully.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBOWSKI View Post
haha... not a fan of the emo look either lol... but come on, the pro will drain even MORE battery juice with that keyboard. unfortunately I don't have a desk job to charge my phone all day so an extended battery is gunna be a must. just imaging that thing with an extended battery! she's a brick house! lol for real

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro