PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Re: To Victor or to Herman...

Palm uses the sync cable and an installer from your computer... perhaps HTC has a similar solution for the Diamond? (or perhaps you can put it into the 4gb flash storage area and upgrade from there).
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

slowputer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Victor or to Herman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
Definitely the Diamond. As phone advancements keep growing exponentially the Touch Pro is still as thick as a phone book. The Diamond will have the same performance. My mogul now has buttons that stick or just don't respond until I mash 'em or press it 5 times on the QWERTY. The more I think about it the more I realize I could do without it. Not to mention the added weight of the keyboard makes it the perfect weight to totally get jacked up if you drop it whereas the diamond might be lighter and able to take the abuse better...by just enough.

I rarely type emails on my mogul. 99.999999% of the time its just texts so I can deal with no QWERTY. The main thing I'm going to miss is the flashlight. I use it all the damn time...oh well. I have a 2gb card now and its not even half full so 4gb is more than plenty.

Plus the Diamond looks a million times better. Sleek and sexy. The Diamond is a varsity jacket and the Touch Pro is a potect protector.
As someone who wears a pocket protector (yes I do) I take umbrage to that last comment. lol j/k

Anyway, I don't care too much about the size. When I am on the road and I need to type something (MMS, email, web address) I need precision and speed. Pro for me plz.

If people really need small phones, perhaps this should betheir next choice. The zoolander phone.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G

Last edited by slowputer; 08-28-2008 at 02:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro