PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Geting Touch Pro???

Talking to customer service yesterday, and I asked if they knew for sure if alltel was going to get the Diamond or the touch pro, and the guy responded by saying he thought he had heard, they were going to be getting the Touch pro first, and then the diamond later on.

Does anyone know if any of that could be true, or if they guy just dont know what he is talking about.

He didnt have any idea on when any of it would happen, execpt that it would be after sprint.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Alltel Geting Touch Pro???

sounds like he was taking a wild guess to me.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

they usually get goodies a lil bit after everyone else, nonetheless, i think they'd probably get the diamond first.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://www.wikiwhor-e.com/touchpro/Site/Photos.html#5

remove the dash (-) in the url. language filter.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

From everything I have heard the Diamond will b released then the TouchPro..

Shell
Old 10-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

dustymac is a n00b

So I just purchased the Mogul 3 days ago from Alltel and I'm barely into my 30 day Free Trial with them. After searching like a mad man last night to find out the drop date of the Touch Pro, I decided to call up Customer Service today and ask. I basically said, "Hey, I've got about 27 days left in my Free Trial, but REALLY want the Touch Pro...do you know it'll be available and will it fall inside my 30 Day Free Trial?"

At first he said he was pretty sure it would drop in a couple weeks. But after I asked a few more questions, he put me on hold for a couple minutes. After he came back he told me I had nothing to worry about, it would for sure come out within my 26 days I have left with the Free Trial. He even said it should only be "a couple weeks."

Take it as you will. Maybe we'll have it in a few weeks guys.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

This was postie by (i believe) our very own w0rdie over on Howard Forums. Alltel is getting the Diamond first.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448579
Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Lurker

dustymac is a n00b

Quoting ThatOnePerson:

"The Diamond officially goes on sale Thursday, October 30th. It will be announced to Alltel reps on Monday."

On Thursday, October 30, 2008, Alltel will launch the new HTC Touch Diamond. The HTC Touch Diamond will be available through all channels including (Customer Direct Fulfillment).

Pricing:
Two-Year Price: $349.99, with a $100.00 mail-in rebate, resulting in a final price of $249.99.
One-Year Price: $409.99.
Non-Contract Price: $539.99.

A Smart ChoicePack is required with this device.

Features:
TouchFLO 3D - New User Interface to quickly access contacts, messages, email, music, and weather with a single touch.
G-Sensor Technology - Allows applications to use motion sensing technology to modify the device's behavior, such as auto-orientation and new games that move when you move the device.
4GB Internal Storage Drive - Store all of your music, pictures, and video without the need for a memory card; also allows you to keep user content in the event of a master re-set or upgrade being performed without having to backup these items.
EvDO Rev A ready.
Wi-Fi.
GPS (Alltel Navigation).
Stereo Bluetooth.
3.2 Megapixel camera.
Video and picture/video messaging capabilities.
2.8 inch display, with VGA (480 x 640) resolution.

Employees will be eligible to purchase the HTC Touch Diamond after Thursday, November 13, 2008, to ensure product is available for our Customers.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Lurker

dustymac is a n00b

So W0rdie nailed the release date on the Diamond. I'm going to bet he's nailed the release date on the Touch PRO. Here's what he said:

Diamond: Oct. 30
Pro: Nov. 13

All i know is that it falls in my 30 day free trial window, so no more Mogul. Say hello to Touch Pro!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Verizon

BradWeingartner is a n00b

Wooooo Hooooo!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro