PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fogmachine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Herman!!!

Will the US (Sprint/Verizon) versions include the second camera for video calling? I know I'd only be able with a select few other people, but how will the US start the video calling movement if no phones have it?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogmachine View Post
Will the US (Sprint/Verizon) versions include the second camera for video calling? I know I'd only be able with a select few other people, but how will the US start the video calling movement if no phones have it?
no one knows how this will work on sprint, but honestly I don't think it will but we'll see in nov
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogmachine View Post
No CDMA variant will have the camera... and I'm doubting that at&t will keep it either.

CDMA is not capable of concurrent voice and data unless you're using wifi and cellular or pure IP (such as VoIP)... Sprint nor Verizon will want to encourage users to use VoIP.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: HTC Herman!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Ricoh is right, its going to be well into 2009 before insurance scams will work. Think about all the moguls they have in the warehouse right now, waiting to be exchanged out.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FIND A DEFECT ON THE PHONE (LIKE THE MEMORY LEAK/ISSUE ON THE MOGUL, EXPLAIN A SCENARIO WHERE THE PHONE IS NOT CAPABLE OF WORKING FOR YOU (E.G. CANT RUN SUCH APP WITHOUT A MEM ERROR), AND THAT ANONTER MOGUL WILL BE THE SAME PROBLEM AND YOU WOULD LIKE A BETTER REPLACEMENT...WALLA! HOPE IT HELPS SOMEBODY..WORKS FOR ME EVERY TIME. JUST FIND A MANUFACTURER DEFECT...
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul

custom-software is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to custom-software Send a message via Yahoo to custom-software

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FIND A DEFECT ON THE PHONE (LIKE THE MEMORY LEAK/ISSUE ON THE MOGUL, EXPLAIN A SCENARIO WHERE THE PHONE IS NOT CAPABLE OF WORKING FOR YOU (E.G. CANT RUN SUCH APP WITHOUT A MEM ERROR), AND THAT ANONTER MOGUL WILL BE THE SAME PROBLEM AND YOU WOULD LIKE A BETTER REPLACEMENT...WALLA! HOPE IT HELPS SOMEBODY..WORKS FOR ME EVERY TIME. JUST FIND A MANUFACTURER DEFECT...
Anyone else find it interesting that you have a scripture reference in your footer, yet are promoting lying and fraud?

See Galatians 6:
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
thats not a defect... its a crippling!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom-software View Post
Anyone else find it interesting that you have a scripture reference in your footer, yet are promoting lying and fraud?

See Galatians 6:
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
actually its not really fraud, just think about it. you are paying 7 dollars a month for the insurance and warranty extention. If I had white spots on my laptop, or my keyboard stopped functioning properly, or buttons started to go, I sure as heck would bring it in to get fixed and if they cannot fix it, then get it replaced.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
actually its not really fraud, just think about it. you are paying 7 dollars a month for the insurance and warranty extention. If I had white spots on my laptop, or my keyboard stopped functioning properly, or buttons started to go, I sure as heck would bring it in to get fixed and if they cannot fix it, then get it replaced.
It may not legally be considered fraud (but would be lying the way it was described, which would mean fraud to me), but it seems unethical to search for an excuse to exchange something. If you've used the phone for an extended period just fine, you've got your money's worth. And for someone quoting scripture in their sig to encourage such behaviour...

Clint
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

this is like the 38294763895th post on a diamond.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800

6700noobie is a n00b

Well not really fraud persay more like an exaggeration. He's saying find something that you can't live with that all moguls will do. Not really a manufacturing defect as much as it is a product flaw which until now you have been living with, but now can't live with because it has become more critical. But yes...God knows what's in your heart even if you word things to be legit.

That's why I've been on an apache for soooo long (hehe 2.5 yrs) and haven't upgraded to a mogul. I knew something better was coming and it looks like I was right. I'd hate to just get a new phone since it still works just fine. And after having to hardboot it (Stupid opera 9.5 crashed my phone), it seems to be working faster....like a reinstall on a desktop/laptop....funny how msft s/w products all work the same...

Anyways....I'll be visiting sprint many times to play with the HTC TPro until I finally break down and get one. (Seriously who is Sprint names these things anyway?? (Herman!!!!))

Yep I'll be envious of you guys getting it early. Hopefully the product will be well QC'd day 1 unlike the Moguls. My friend got an early mogul and it seemed to have some QC issues unlike his wife's mogul which they bought a few months later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro