PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Your Mom

dmx0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SERO and discounted price on HTC Diamond or Touch Pro?

As we all know, the too-good-to-pass-up SERO deals recently expired and I was fortunate enough to sign up at the last minute. I decided to go with the HTC Touch, which I am pretty happy with except for the lack of a qwerty. I paid the new contract price of ~$300 for it before the mail in rebate, and I have 30 days to exchange the phone for any reason (up until August 10th).

Now, the supposed release dates (at least from what I've heard here) of the Diamond and the Touch Pro are relatively soon - possibly within the first week of September. The 30 day period in which I may exchange the phone ends August 10th. I am curious if Sprint would allow me to return the Touch I received within the 30 day window, get a different phone, and then repeat the procedure with the second phone so that I may ultimately end up with a Touch Diamond or Touch Pro (whichever is available at the time) at the discounted new-contract price? Is something like this possible? Could I do it at a Sprint store as opposed to online or over the phone?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: SERO and discounted price on HTC Diamond or Touch Pro?

no, otherwise people would just return their phones every 29 days. what you can do is make sure you have the insurance on it, and when it live and you know they are out of the origional touch, you can have it break, then you can get a new one for 50 bucks, though the upgrade of the touch would most likely be the diamond and not the touch pro.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
no, otherwise people would just return their phones every 29 days. what you can do is make sure you have the insurance on it, and when it live and you know they are out of the origional touch, you can have it break, then you can get a new one for 50 bucks, though the upgrade of the touch would most likely be the diamond and not the touch pro.
Wrong sir, people are still getting apaches on apache claims (although it is becoming more and more likely to get a mogul). It is highly unlikely you will get a diamond/pro on an insurance claim any time soon - they keep stocks of refurbs around for a long time after a phone has been discontinued.....
Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

? apaches/6700 are still in stock?!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Most people get refurb apaches, fewer people get *new* Apaches, and some lucky ones get the Mogul like I did.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Wrong sir, people are still getting apaches on apache claims (although it is becoming more and more likely to get a mogul). It is highly unlikely you will get a diamond/pro on an insurance claim any time soon - they keep stocks of refurbs around for a long time after a phone has been discontinued.....
You just gotta go to a service center store(not just any sprint store), they run out faster than any mail in type of replacement. though you might have to stretch to find something wrong with two other phones before they will replace it with a new model under a sort of "lemon" policy.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Blabber mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Most people get refurb apaches, fewer people get *new* Apaches, and some lucky ones get the Mogul like I did.
Though isnt the 6700 faster with the OC ability? lol
Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah and it's twice as big!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Not saying you are wrong, but that really sucks. I have had my 6800 for almost a year and I got it for free after taking back my broken Apache. Both of my lines in fact.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Heck, insurance is still replacing Samsung i730's with i730's. It's hit or miss whether you'll get an upgrade

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro