PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SO I finally got to play with a Touch Pro today.

I have been waiting patiently for a chance to play with a Touch Pro since Sprint first announced they were going to carry the phone; and luckily, today was that day. A friend of mine who works for AT&T was givin a Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) as his new demo line at his store for being the Smartphone Expert (or something like that). I have to say, the phone is REALLY impressive. I only got a few minutes to play with it today as I had to go to work (I work at Best Buy Mobile btw), and will be playing with it a bit more tomorrow. But I will say, the keypad feels much nicer then my Mogul's and the phone overall blew me away. I can't wait till Oct 19/Oct 29/Nov1/Year 2012 to finally get my Touch Pro.

If anyone has any particular questions on the device I can play around with it and try to answer them for you this week. Keep in mind this is a friends phone so I can't really do anything crazy but I'd be more then happy to check some simple things out. And just as an FYI to AT&T customers. You'll be getting that diamond cut backing on the phone.

-Anthony

Also, sorry for the ****ty pic, Mogul camera is T_T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 231017963397.jpg (269.2 KB, 536 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Re: SO I finally got to play with a Touch Pro today.

did it came with like internetsharing app?

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
I have been waiting patiently for a chance to play with a Touch Pro since Sprint first announced they were going to carry the phone; and luckily, today was that day. A friend of mine who works for AT&T was givin a Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) as his new demo line at his store for being the Smartphone Expert (or something like that). I have to say, the phone is REALLY impressive. I only got a few minutes to play with it today as I had to go to work (I work at Best Buy Mobile btw), and will be playing with it a bit more tomorrow. But I will say, the keypad feels much nicer then my Mogul's and the phone overall blew me away. I can't wait till Oct 19/Oct 29/Nov1/Year 2012 to finally get my Touch Pro.

If anyone has any particular questions on the device I can play around with it and try to answer them for you this week. Keep in mind this is a friends phone so I can't really do anything crazy but I'd be more then happy to check some simple things out. And just as an FYI to AT&T customers. You'll be getting that diamond cut backing on the phone.

-Anthony

Also, sorry for the ****ty pic, Mogul camera is T_T
Looks like AT&T customers will be receiving this phone before Sprint customers
Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Did you get a look at the carrying case? If so, how was it compared to the one that comes with the Mogul?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The AT&T version actually came in a rather generic black HTC box and does not come with a case. It did however have a charging cable, usb cable and dual usb adapter thiny. The instruction manual was taken from the box as AT&T wants their employees to have the phone with no manual for a week to try to "figure the phone out on their own" so no clue if it has a spare stylus or screen protector.

As for the ICS App, I'll have to check that out tomorrow / Sunday.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

FM radio?

Im not suprised that it has the diamond backing. Sprint always has to mod and restrict their phones some ways or the other
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Oh geez... if they had made it the same shape as the CDMA version WITH a diamond back, I'd be soooooo happy!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbonner View Post
FM radio?

Im not suprised that it has the diamond backing. Sprint always has to mod and restrict their phones some ways or the other
I don't know, the Mogul turned out nicely for Sprint IMO, and I actually like the new back for the Sprint Touch Pro, it's very clean looking.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
I don't know, the Mogul turned out nicely for Sprint IMO, and I actually like the new back for the Sprint Touch Pro, it's very clean looking.
I have to agree with you as well, again its all a matter of opinion and taste which changes from person to person, but I prefer the look of the sprint version as well.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO baby

younghov718 is keeping up the good workyounghov718 is keeping up the good work

screw at@T if they release the pro before sprint i will be devastated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro