PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO baby

younghov718 is keeping up the good workyounghov718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

it would be great for sprint to surprise us with a early release but im also seeing post like this.
Today, 04:38 PM
sza3434
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Diggs: 0

Re: Diamond to Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2
If he just bought it he would be within the 30 days. Pro comes out on the 19th so its only 21 days til release.
Interesting. If thats true, then yes he could. Only thing is, I manage a Sprint store and my product list shows BOL (beginning of life) as November. I hope you're right otherwise he is SOL.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Cool Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I don't think anyone will get angry if it drops unexpectedly... I sure as hell would be doing 100mph to the sprint store, though!
Ditto Brethren ditto! But I'm hoping it comes out oct 19th in stores my self that date will be here in no time!!!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Ditto Brethren ditto! But I'm hoping it comes out oct 19th in stores my self that date will be here in no time!!!
Diamond was not in stores right away (and I still don't think is) so I imagine we'll be having to order from telesales to be one of the first...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Could it possibly be that the 19th is only for telesales and the November "BOL" date is for in-store purchase?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Who knows. Guessing we will find out oct 19th than huh? Who knows. It would be smart to have em in store oct 19th if they really trying to "stop" ppl from buying the G1 which comes out in oct 22nd in stores I believe.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

sprintmogulfan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to sprintmogulfan

I stopped by my local Sprint store on Friday just to see if I could play with a Diamond and they didn't have them yet. They told me they would have them in next Tuesday. Sheeesh....I think it's gonna have to be telesales for the Pro on my end. No way I will be waiting an extra 2-3 weeks for the stores to get them!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Exclamation Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan View Post
I stopped by my local Sprint store on Friday just to see if I could play with a Diamond and they didn't have them yet. They told me they would have them in next Tuesday. Sheeesh....I think it's gonna have to be telesales for the Pro on my end. No way I will be waiting an extra 2-3 weeks for the stores to get them!
Wow really??? Hmmmm. Do you think they will be online to order on oct 19th cause I'm damn sure not gonna wait 2-3 weeks to get the touch pro Either !!!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov718 View Post
it would be great for sprint to surprise us with a early release but im also seeing post like this.
Today, 04:38 PM
sza3434
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Diggs: 0

Re: Diamond to Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2
If he just bought it he would be within the 30 days. Pro comes out on the 19th so its only 21 days til release.
Interesting. If thats true, then yes he could. Only thing is, I manage a Sprint store and my product list shows BOL (beginning of life) as November. I hope you're right otherwise he is SOL.
This post matches up with what our corporate Srint Rep. told my IT guys and I. My concern is that I know we are not getting our phones through a retail store, so their BOL date should not apply. I would think that a large corporate account like ours, might get us to the front of the line since Sprint knows we are waiting, and we are a brand new account for them. Is this proof that the release date HAS been pushed back to early Nov.?

Last edited by BigBlondeAndBlueMale; 09-28-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
This post matches up with what our corporate Srint Rep. told my IT guys and I. My concern is that I know we are not getting our phones through a retail store, so their BOL date should not apply. I would think that a large corporate account like ours, might get us to the front of the line since Sprint knows we are waiting, and we are a brand new account for them. Is this proof that the release date HAS been pushed back to early Nov.?
One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that you can never trust ANYTHING anyone posts here individually. Everyone knows "someone who knows someone inside Sprint who says that without a doubt the release will be...<insert date>"

Typically the truth doesn't come out until a few days before the actual release.

I'm realllllly wanting this new phone.

Last edited by dkincaid; 09-28-2008 at 11:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that you can never trust ANYTHING anyone posts here individually. Everyone knows "someone who knows someone inside Sprint who says that without a date the release will be...<insert date>"

Typically the truth doesn't come out until a few days before the actual release.

I'm realllllly wanting this new phone.
Wr0ng !!!

Typically the truth comes out long before the actual release, its just buried amongst the remaining and vast hey i know "someone who knows someone inside Sprint who says that without a doubt the release will be...<insert date>" claims...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro