PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
My thinking for the only reasoning behind releasing both the same day would be for a carrier (such as Sprint) to be able to cater to two crowds. For the gotta-have-the-best crowd, they can say, "Hey new device, Touch Pro"... whereas when a customer is hesitant to order that, they can say "well we also have the lighter version that costs less."
I think they'd sell it as one being "better" than the iPhone and the other being comparable to the iPhone.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I think they'd sell it as one being "better" than the iPhone and the other being comparable to the iPhone.
That too... I'm just thinking as far as releasing both on the same day.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

ronnieespinal is a n00b

i would sell my *** for that phone.. ok im kidding.. but my mogul will be sold asap if it does drop on the 4th..

****, now i cant sleep...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to blackrain

well I haven't heard anything about a dual release plus the mogul goes end of life 9-7-08 so maybe 9-20 is realistic or mayb mid oct......but they usually put the prices of da phones in the system about a month in advance so we'll see but i'm going 2 b the 1st 1 in da store with it i'm supposed 2 train everybody on the ins & outs of da phone just hope I don't get screwed like some girl did with the 800w she didn't get it til after we got it in da stores so I have my fingers crossed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

Jeep14 is a n00b

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/02/h...nt-this-month/

Just figured i would offer this....wow it is so great being with vzw...what are we looking at like march?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep14 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/02/h...nt-this-month/

Just figured i would offer this....wow it is so great being with vzw...what are we looking at like march?
If that is indeed true then the Touch Pro will be the September 2nd date. Looks like HTC really wants this phone to be on the US market and fast..
Old 08-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
If that is indeed true then the Touch Pro will be the September 2nd date. Looks like HTC really wants this phone to be on the US market and fast..
I cant emphasize enough... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DEVICE IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE? FLAT BACK? DIAMOND BACK? ROUNDED TOP? BURGUNDY? BLACK?????? I hope to HELL that it will look like the GSM version. Just like HTC's renderings
Old 08-02-2008, 09:18 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Flat back. That's the most that I know.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-02-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Diamond= Squared
Touch Pro= Rounded
Old 08-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Diamond= Squared
Touch Pro= Rounded
Whaaaaaa?!

But the pictures that the guy posted of the prototype Diamond had the rounded top...

The one thing I'm concerned about is how well the devices will appeal to the general public... They might see it as eye candy and easy to use, and then everyone and their grandma's college roomate is going to want one. Then we see the less exclusivity of use WM users, and an influx of [dare I say] ignorant idiots to PPCGeeks and XDA-devs and other related sites.

And another question I had was... Do you think that it will be at all possible to disassemble a GSM version of the Touch Pro [the original HTC type, Diamond back cover, square shape etc] and put the CDMA internals in it? Pretty much just swap everything out? Or will there be issues...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro