PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Ok ok ok... I'm excited!! But please... someone... TELL ME THIS!:

Is it rounded on top and bottom? And is the back cover flat or diamond like? And is it black or burgundy?!

PLEASE tell me it looks like this:
Old 08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ok ok ok... I'm excited!! But please... someone... TELL ME THIS!:

Is it rounded on top and bottom? And is the back cover flat or diamond like? And is it black or burgundy?!

PLEASE tell me it looks like this:
Amen to that! I would be happy if it looks that sweet.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Amen to that! I would be happy if it looks that sweet.
I wouldn't be surprised if it looked just like that (like the leaked Sprint branded pic) with the Sprint logo at the top right.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

I just want a dollar sign on the keyboard.. thats the biggest gripe i have with it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
I just want a dollar sign on the keyboard.. thats the biggest gripe i have with it.
You mean the Touch Pro or the Mogul? The touch pro does have a dollar sign on there according to those pics that sauman posted.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

yeah i meant to say on my Mogul. Yeah thats the Euro version of it in those picks with the Pound and Euro symbols, which will be a dollar sign. My Mogul requires 5 or 6 button pushes to get to the dollar sign.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Nellinel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Finally got in touch with my rep from the 3rd party that is responsible for all sales for the corporation I work with. Unfortunately, Sprint is pretty tight lipped and they don't share information with them until they're ready to launch. He had heard about it, but pretty much has to wait for them to give them the go ahead for corporate sales.

I'm just hoping that I'll be able to pick up a Touch Pro before it gets released and sold out in retail stores. He said that he'll contact me once they've been given a go ahead to start selling it.
It has already been revealed to me by a Sprint rep. that the Sprint Touch Diamond will be released on September 2nd. There has been no official memo that the Sprint Touch Pro will be released on the same date according to the Sprint rep. I spoke with. It doesn't take away from the possiblity that the Sprint Touch Pro could be released @ the same time as the Sprint Touch Diamond, but I, myself, highly doubt it. Anticipation and hype sells phones. Other carriers have learned this from the 3G iPhone release. Please pardon me from mentioning that dastardly phone my fellow PPCGeeks.

I should know... I work in the AT&T Device Support Center in the largest store in Houston, TX and was there at it's release. I even have some shots of it that I took on July 11th w/ my Sprint Mogul.

Last edited by Nellinel; 08-01-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Shows How Reliable Of A Source I Am...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
yeah i meant to say on my Mogul. Yeah thats the Euro version of it in those picks with the Pound and Euro symbols, which will be a dollar sign. My Mogul requires 5 or 6 button pushes to get to the dollar sign.
Should be 3 steps to get the $ on the mogul.

1) Blue (control) dot.
2) Sym/Tab button (next to space bar)
3) then hit the money symbol on the screen.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor

the moguls was selling for 300 the other day one the sprint website i'm going to guess 400-500 buck
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellinel View Post
It has already been revealed to me by a Sprint rep. that the Sprint Touch Diamond will be released on September 2nd. There has been no official memo that the Sprint Touch Pro will be released on the same date according to the Sprint rep. I spoke with. It doesn't take away from the possiblity that the Sprint Touch Pro could be released @ the same time as the Sprint Touch Diamond, but I, myself, highly doubt it. Anticipation and hype sells phones. Other carriers have learned this from the 3G iPhone release. Please pardon me from mentioning that dastardly phone my fellow PPCGeeks.
My thinking for the only reasoning behind releasing both the same day would be for a carrier (such as Sprint) to be able to cater to two crowds. For the gotta-have-the-best crowd, they can say, "Hey new device, Touch Pro"... whereas when a customer is hesitant to order that, they can say "well we also have the lighter version that costs less."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro