PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

reese719 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got to play with the HTC Diamond!

I work in a corporate Sprint store here in Colorado Springs and for the most part it's buisness as usual. However, tonight I got to enjoy one of the perks. A guy from Brazil came into the store looking for a charger for his phone. Oh course I asked what model he has... with a smile he puts his HTC Diamond in my face. I was like, OMFGROFLCOPTERLEMMESEE! So he promptly handed me the phone and I promptly oogled and played with it for roughly 15 mins while I let it charge on one of our demo phone USB chargers. The guy was cool and BS'ed with me the whole time so it was a pretty nice experience.

Overall thoughts? It's freaking sweet! The camera is exquisite, overall windows mobile interface is solid, the menus are just like the demo on HTC.com. Aside from that, I did notice slight lag when navigating between the menus and it had a pretty hefty weight. Heavier than my Mogul. Wondering what the weight with the added keyboard will be. Other than that I can't wait to get my hands on the HTC Touch Pro and aside from slight lag on the menus... I mean, really minimal... it's going to blow some pants off!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Got to play with the HTC Diamond!

Sounds good, I wonder if OC'ing it will help with that lag you mentioned and how far can it be OC'ed I wonder?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Very nice to know! Can't wait to get my hands on one too! DARN!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Sounds good, I wonder if OC'ing it will help with that lag you mentioned and how far can it be OC'ed I wonder?
They still haven't gotten overclocking working on the first gen of these processors... don't count on it.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

reese719 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, you wouldn't think a 500+ mhz processor would need to be OC'ed, but given the slight lag when switching between, say for instance, contacts to pictures... I would hope it would at least be an option. And if our measly 6700 200mhz something could be overclocked to what was the max, 740mhz? I would hope that a 500mhz processor could be overclocked to well over 1ghz. Not saying it would be functional, as OC'ing the 6700 at the max caused freezing in most cases... but it would be nice.

But yeah, the lag was pretty bothersome. Especially coming from someone with such high standards in the Phone/PDA department. I asked the customer what he thought of the device and he pretty much said it was a cool little phone. Obviously not a power user like some of us, but can you blame him for buying the best new toy? As for the lag, he said he didn't even notice it untill I pointed it out so maybe I was nitpicking. We'll see!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

The 6700 was a 416MHz processor that could be overclocked to 624MHz but the reason for that was because there were soft multipliers inside of the chip that were easy to modify... nobody has found such a thing in these Qualcomm chips and the dualcore nature of them would make it even trickier, since the cores run on two completely different speeds (400MHz application/133MHz DSP).

You'll never get that 528MHz chip to 1GHz...
Old 07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
You'll never get that 528MHz chip to 1GHz...
I'm still waiting for a mobile to break the 624mHz limit...
Old 07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

d4p3rf3k7w34pqn is a n00b

One word,Tegra
Old 07-28-2008, 01:25 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4p3rf3k7w34pqn View Post
One word,Tegra
Agreed - but Tegra is mainly being targeted towards MIDs, not PocketPC-style phones. I imagine that cheap is going to need active cooling, not the passive stuff we get with our Moguls.

I'm sorry. I love the idea of Tegra. But I'm not going to carry around a cell phone that sounds like the jet engine that is my 8800GTX in my PC lol
Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Agreed - but Tegra is mainly being targeted towards MIDs, not PocketPC-style phones. I imagine that cheap is going to need active cooling, not the passive stuff we get with our Moguls.

I'm sorry. I love the idea of Tegra. But I'm not going to carry around a cell phone that sounds like the jet engine that is my 8800GTX in my PC lol
Id say if they can make a portable device that can run anything in comparison to a 8800GTX and still fit in my pocket i dont care what it sounds like...ill take it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro