PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
Thumbs down CEO's. Execs. Corporate Idiots. Etc.

It must be a game or something. It MUST be. Seriously. How obvious could it be that the upgrade to one of the most popular Pocket PC devices (Titan/Mogul) would be on EVERYONE's wish list? They have to know, these corporate puppets, who make us wait on devices like the Raphael.

Look at the f-in iPhone. Over one million sold already, and the damned thing hasn't been out for a month yet. What--are they trying to create anticipation artificially? Is this waiting game entirely contrived? It has to be. No one can be that stupid, could they? I almost refuse to believe that HTC, Sprint, Verizon, and all the other bed mates could be so dumb as to screw something like this up on accident. It has to be on purpose. I just has to be.

No one can be that dumb.

The problem is that they know they will make a buck no matter what. They rest on their laurels because for all intents and purposes they have NO COMPETITORS other than the iPhone. They know the geeks will wait as long as we have to to get our nerdy paws on one. And they know that the average consumer is about as smart as a can of yellow cling peaches.

I'm sick of being teased like this....so much so that I've thought about getting a basic LG music phone called the Chocolate 3. Simple design. Mini USB port for data and charging. Standard 3.5mm headphone jack. USB wall charger. Transflash support. FM Radio broadcast. Smart.

So we get a new Windows Mobile device. Then we have to hack it. Then we have to patch it. Then we have to wait some more for new features to leak. Then we have to patch again. Boom. Wow. GPS. SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGINNING DAY 1!!!

I'm really annoyed and sick of this crap. It's all a corporate game, and I'm so ed right now, I'm strongly considering not playing anymore.
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Re: CEO's. Execs. Corporate Idiots. Etc.

/this.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Uh? This game is for us corporate types with lots of money who just want the latest greatest. I kinda like the game, it's been played for centuries. He with the latest weaponry wins the battle! I see your on cricket, Someone will soon hack the Raphael for you cricket users...no worries...

Old 07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
Don't get me wrong......

Hey, I'm a hacking geek as much as anyone here. I can't wait to find something else to hack.

But it's sad and pathetic to have to wait for all the BS red tape to be sorted out for a phone that has "basic" features that should have been available years ago.

No, I don't want an iPhone. Nor do I want an iPhone killer. Just give me a fully-featured handset like the Raphael, but don't try to gimmick me into it.

At this point, I'd settle for a basic phone with some intelligent design behind it. Motion sensors. Whatever, man.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....

bigel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigel

hell i was thinkin bout grabbin that m520 cause I was getting tired of the BS as well... plus I'm a little skeptical about the instinct because there damn near giving the damn thing away...lol
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

Do you think that maybe they just might have a reason for waiting until Oct.-Nov. to release the phone? Maybe not a "good" reason, but a reason nonetheless. But either way, I don't think anyone should be getting their panties in a bundle over this. HTC has release a handful of phones in the past 18 months.... Mogul, various Touch devices, I don't even know all of them but I know there have been at least 3 or so. That is really about on par with every other major company (when it comes to smart devices and pocket pc's). And now we are going to get 2 more pretty kick *** devices with in the next few months, the Touch Pro and the Diamond. I really see no real reason to complain here... I mean, come guys, really? That's 5+ phones in less than 2 years.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordevil95 View Post
Do you think that maybe they just might have a reason for waiting until Oct.-Nov. to release the phone? Maybe not a "good" reason, but a reason nonetheless. But either way, I don't think anyone should be getting their panties in a bundle over this. HTC has release a handful of phones in the past 18 months.... Mogul, various Touch devices, I don't even know all of them but I know there have been at least 3 or so. That is really about on par with every other major company (when it comes to smart devices and pocket pc's). And now we are going to get 2 more pretty kick *** devices with in the next few months, the Touch Pro and the Diamond. I really see no real reason to complain here... I mean, come guys, really? That's 5+ phones in less than 2 years.
You're right. There is no "good" excuse. Just an excuse.

It's the same thing when you see those car shows and all those cool cars that we'll never drive. Or consumer electronics that we will never be able to tinker with. It's all marketing hype and BS and personally I'm sick of it. I would be loyal to HTC and pay them my $500-$700 RIGHT NOW for the device. But not if I'm going to wait like a monkey in a cage for his bananas.

Forget it. I'll get one bad ESN off eBay and hack the crap out of it. But my premium dollar will NOT be spent trying to be first in line for this thing. Not if it's going to take me at least another few months to hack and tweak it just the way I like it--especially if it's to add features this SOB should have had out of the box.

I swear: If I come here reading that users have trouble getting GPS to work I'm going to go back in the archives and bump this thread just to gloat.

They HAVE a CDMA model RIGHT NOW. I bet some greasy bastards at Sprint and Verizon have already molested the hell out of one especially branded for them. And I bet they are saying stupid crap like, "we can lose the FRONT CAMERA....NO ONE'S GOING TO USE IT ANYWAY....BESIDES, IT'S THE PERFECT PLACE TO PUT OUR $%#@* LOGO!".

Nazis.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

I wish they would promote these handsets (Diamond and Touch Pro) they way they promoted the Instinct. I must have had a dozen people see my phone and its touchscreen and go "Is that an iPhone?!!'

I dont want needless hype. Whenever there is hype, and over-promotion its to make up for something lacking in the product, to drum up its positives to overcome some glaring negatives.

Everyone knows a RAZR. Would be nice if one of these handsets had some sort of recognition like that instead of total obscurity.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

Noo..

I dont want the raphael to be hyped up.. I dont want everyone to have one. I mean Ill take solace in the fact that I probably paid less for mine than the next guy but as soon as you see some guy tinkering around with his raphael in the bar, wearing a bluetooth headset the phone loses some cool points.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Lurker

roncruiser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
It must be a game or something. It MUST be. Seriously. How obvious could it be that the upgrade to one of the most popular Pocket PC devices (Titan/Mogul) would be on EVERYONE's wish list? They have to know, these corporate puppets, who make us wait on devices like the Raphael.

Look at the f-in iPhone. Over one million sold already, and the damned thing hasn't been out for a month yet. What--are they trying to create anticipation artificially? Is this waiting game entirely contrived? It has to be. No one can be that stupid, could they? I almost refuse to believe that HTC, Sprint, Verizon, and all the other bed mates could be so dumb as to screw something like this up on accident. It has to be on purpose. I just has to be.

No one can be that dumb.

The problem is that they know they will make a buck no matter what. They rest on their laurels because for all intents and purposes they have NO COMPETITORS other than the iPhone. They know the geeks will wait as long as we have to to get our nerdy paws on one. And they know that the average consumer is about as smart as a can of yellow cling peaches.

I'm sick of being teased like this....so much so that I've thought about getting a basic LG music phone called the Chocolate 3. Simple design. Mini USB port for data and charging. Standard 3.5mm headphone jack. USB wall charger. Transflash support. FM Radio broadcast. Smart.

So we get a new Windows Mobile device. Then we have to hack it. Then we have to patch it. Then we have to wait some more for new features to leak. Then we have to patch again. Boom. Wow. GPS. SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGINNING DAY 1!!!

I'm really annoyed and sick of this crap. It's all a corporate game, and I'm so ed right now, I'm strongly considering not playing anymore.
I enjoyed reading your rant. Get a life I support your effort in not playing anymore for your own health. Hence your head will .
Maybe it already did.

Making the bucks like they do... those exec's and CEO's get paid to not be idiots. You're a crack-up. Keep posting though... very entertaining.

Last edited by roncruiser; 07-24-2008 at 01:35 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro