PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro...Another dissapointment???

Quote:
Originally Posted by paravis View Post
My vista x64 machine, 99% of the time, runs excellent. Excellent >>> fine. It's easily the best Windows iteration to date. Contrary to what many people think, it's outselling XP, at the equivalent point in its lifetime.

Besides... to me, "fine", means roughly "within expectations".
It's a hit and miss with vista. I had it for a few months now and it runs slightly slower than xp. I also had a driver issue where it wouldn't install any new device requiring a complete reinstall.

My overall experience is that it still needs a little work but I prefer it over xp.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Since the thread is still running off-topic, my XP install was finally dragging like a dog so I decided to give Vista another chance on my desktop. I can say that it absolutely FLIES on my desktop, MUCH faster than it used to be and faster than even XP was...

Of course, my desktop is also running a 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo at 2.8GHz lol. Far cry from my laptop's 2.0GHz

Anyway, I really want this phone and can't wait til it comes out. Its going to take some getting used to not having the hardware soft-keys and the windows key though... I use those all the time.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Of course, my desktop is also running a 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo at 2.8GHz lol. Far cry from my laptop's 2.0GHz
I even run Vista without any issues on an 800mhz UMPC. I did pop it open and stick in a 2GB SODIMM though. I think Vista is RAM hungry more than anything else.

But ya, can't wait for that Touch Pro. The only thing that sucks is that I'm nowhere near the end of my contract, and I am not going to pay full retail for that thing. Oh well, hopefully there will be an unlocked SPL and some custom ROMs by the time I get one.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

bradleyem is just getting started

I'm just dissapointed that the Touch Diamond comes with 4GB of internal storage, and the Pro comes with a keyboard......why should you have to choose. The power users that really want these phones and take advantage of them would want both. And memory doesn't take up that much space. Granted, you can always add an SD card, and sometimes that's better, but sometimes having that large amount of memory unremovable (like in the case of keeping a complete flash image, or for large applications that you don't want to take up RAM, or storing e-mail and attachments where if you remove the card, your e-mail can get corrupted), that internal memory would be ideal.

Also, as sweet as the Pro looks, I'm not holding my breath. I have to stay with Verizon because my contract is through my work, and by the time that Verizon releases it, it'll be obsolete by 3 generations and the phones WILL be running VISTA (or at least Linux )
Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post

Not to mention lack of touchscreen support in XP.
XP tablet edition has touchscreen support.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

RadikulDude is a n00b

Has anyone seen anything leaked that says if and when the TP will come to Sprint? For a lot of us, the decision to upgrade to the Treo 800 is upon us soon and there may be a reason not to "burn up" my trade up credit!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The first info we ever got on the Diamond and the Touch Pro came from "leaked" Sprint documents:

Last I heard, the rumored release date for the Pro is somewhere around September.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadikulDude View Post
Has anyone seen anything leaked that says if and when the TP will come to Sprint? For a lot of us, the decision to upgrade to the Treo 800 is upon us soon and there may be a reason not to "burn up" my trade up credit!
Thats where I'm going, I was looking forward to the treo800 but I really really am going to try to wait for the touch pro.. I'm very intriqued.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I even run Vista without any issues on an 800mhz UMPC. I did pop it open and stick in a 2GB SODIMM though. I think Vista is RAM hungry more than anything else.

But ya, can't wait for that Touch Pro. The only thing that sucks is that I'm nowhere near the end of my contract, and I am not going to pay full retail for that thing. Oh well, hopefully there will be an unlocked SPL and some custom ROMs by the time I get one.
I know how you feel. I have a Sprint vendor Employee plan ($20 /month, 3000 min, unlimited everything else) that is not upgradeable (not to mention the fact that I'm not eligible until NEXT August. My plan is to hang on to the Mogul until the nearby Sprint store has none, then see if I can get the Raphael via insurgence. Here's crossing my fingers!
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 07-03-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

You should also make sure that the warehouse the insurance company ships from has depleted their supply. After all, they are a 3rd party company.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro