PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Power Button Problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=153459)

mandrane 06-15-2016 07:47 AM

Power Button Problem

Hi

So it's like I'm still using HTC Touch Pro with WM6.1.

Yesterday I was messaging, not even touching my Power Button, and then suddenly, when I wanted to turn device off.. nothing happened.

I can wake up my phone and block it [having installed S2U2] by pulling out or in a styllus, but it becomes irritating.

I found out by soft resetting the device that it's not like Power Button is not working - it is, but improperly. After turning on there was this pop up saying that 'the device will be shut down, yes or no', like I'd just held my Power Button few seconds. So I concluded it is constantly being pressed [either it's stuck or something went wrong with software?].

Any reasons and/or solutions, please?

Have a nice day,
m.

demonlordoftheround 06-15-2016 11:30 AM

Re: Power Button Problem

Yep, sounds like it is stuck pressed in. Maybe some canned air and light tapping might get it to release.

Sent from my Pure Nexus Shamu.

mandrane 06-15-2016 02:14 PM

Ha, I tried tapping. Softly, hardly [almost throwing the phone at a wall] nad nothing works. It's kind of werid since it was just lying, when it happened to him..

m.

AZTECHKA 06-22-2016 02:35 PM

Ahhh... The touch pro, one of my favorite phones ever.
Well, the bad news is that you are definitely outside your warranty period, the good news is that you can take it apart without voiding your factory warranty. If you've tried every passive approach, it might be time to crack the case and take a look inside.
p.

mandrane 07-28-2016 11:21 AM

Yup, and so I did. Not in the full meaning, I just levered the button using screwdriver and I pulled it till it popped out. Unfortunately, the inner button isn't working as well [oh, yeah, it's working 1 in 10 times I click it, looks like an electronic problem to me] and also: the outside button didn't want to come back in its place and I had to shorten it.
Well, it's time to find some new phone, maybe.. [a battery discharging when connected, this button, I can't remove messages, cause they're back after soft reset <- but it removes newer messages, phone stopped giving any sound when ringing, any mms is coming few hours and sometimes hangs the device, few buttons like 'delete' or '!' aren't working and 'fn' won't unclick so easily, and so on..]

m.

AZTECHKA 07-29-2016 01:39 PM

Good luck man.
There are lots of good phones out there. Not sure if Orange offers free phones, but here in the U.S. we can often times get good phones free with a contract. I think you guys have to buy the phones cash though.
p.