PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

darkviper5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Rom Help

i don't know if anyone would be able to answer this, but i wanted to try Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 4.1 for HTC Touch Pro for Sprint, and all the links are dead, his website is gone, i read it is good and fast, why is everything gone?

is there anyways i could find it still?

thank you, i got myself a new HTC Touch Pro, but the stock rom would not even run games, even my palm pro (850) runs games
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkviper5 View Post
i don't know if anyone would be able to answer this, but i wanted to try Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 4.1 for HTC Touch Pro for Sprint, and all the links are dead, his website is gone, i read it is good and fast, why is everything gone?

is there anyways i could find it still?

thank you, i got myself a new HTC Touch Pro, but the stock rom would not even run games, even my palm pro (850) runs games
My old roms played games.
My old server is down.
Check my old threads and if anything looks good, myself or someone can try to reupload one for you.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Rom Help

is there a link i could go to see your stuff? and i was wondering is there a rom for HTC Touch Pro that runs on Sprint that supports texting good, don't care about Internet, and is clean and fast? and maybe has battery tweaks?

Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 4.1 for HTC Touch Pro for Sprint i read is good, wanted to try.

thank you so much for answering, i went back to ppc6700, ancient i know, but it runs so smooth compared to the touch pro
Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
is there a link i could go to see your stuff? and i was wondering is there a rom for HTC Touch Pro that runs on Sprint that supports texting good, don't care about Internet, and is clean and fast? and maybe has battery tweaks?

Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 4.1 for HTC Touch Pro for Sprint i read is good, wanted to try.

thank you so much for answering, i went back to ppc6700, ancient i know, but it runs so smooth compared to the touch pro
Mine did all of that and everything works.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Mine did all of that and everything works.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407
where can i download the whole rom file so i could flash my phone? and will it still work with sprint? what about programing my number so i could recieve calls?

i could probably find instructions how to flash my phone, the unlocking it, i think and so on , i been looking for a rom file, with windows mobile, office, and what ever else it needs.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
where can i download the whole rom file so i could flash my phone? and will it still work with sprint? what about programing my number so i could recieve calls?

i could probably find instructions how to flash my phone, the unlocking it, i think and so on , i been looking for a rom file, with windows mobile, office, and what ever else it needs.
Well, I will have to upload it somewhere.
I made them all to default to Sprint but has settings for most all networks.
They all have working sms, mms and everything else working. Battery tweaks in there also.
All include Office as well.

Will try to upload to my Dropbox but will take a while.
You can also search that thread and see if my kitchen link is somehow still active.
With that you could create any Rom I had plus customize it however you wanted.
I included all files to click to cook.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-14-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 PM
The Rootinator

Attempting to upload to Dropbox.
Doing so via handset so give it a bit and will will post links.
Didn't know which one you wanted.
Have all my stuff scattered every where.
Uploading my last RootRom, NinjaRom and Titanium Rom.
Can always upload the kitchen if you want anything else.

Link 1 is up.
RootRom
http://db.tt/QSVZYMRU
Extract both files to the same directory on your pc.
Flash tool is included.

Link 2
NinjeRom
http://db.tt/CXMKgxve
This may be faster.

Link 3
Titanium Rom
http://db.tt/r6F939WW
Probably fastest but it doesn't have HTC Sense. It is Titanium only so it is lighter.
Still fully functional.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b

Quote:
Attempting to upload to Dropbox.
Doing so via handset so give it a bit and will will post links.
Didn't know which one you wanted.
Have all my stuff scattered every where.
Uploading my last RootRom, NinjaRom and Titanium Rom.
Can always upload the kitchen if you want anything else.

Link 1 is up.
RootRom
http://db.tt/QSVZYMRU
Extract both files to the same directory on your pc.
Flash tool is included.

Link 2
NinjeRom
http://db.tt/CXMKgxve
This may be faster.

Link 3
Titanium Rom
http://db.tt/r6F939WW
Probably fastest but it doesn't have HTC Sense. It is Titanium only so it is lighter.
Still fully functional.

thanks, downloading now, download is going real slow, i was wondering, is there a way to disable the slider and make it exact like palm pro interface, i am so used to simple interfaces, i don't need no slider, just a windows drop down and i could select what ever i want to and a home screen?
was just wondering if there was a way to make it simple, like change the font to times new romen or tahoma, so it would be readable?, i will check out your roms and flash my HTC Touch Pro for sprint, and see how it goes.

is there a way i could back up the stock rom on my HTC Pro? or one's i would switch, i would not want to go back? and with your root rom, will i be able to activate my phone on sprint network? what about there "##" number thing they give to be able to edit the number and msid, would i be able to do that?

just trying to make sure i would still have a working phone after the flash, your answer would be much appriciated, and your rom is stable right?

Last edited by darkviper5; 10-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
thanks, downloading now, download is going real slow, i was wondering, is there a way to disable the slider and make it exact like palm pro interface, i am so used to simple interfaces, i don't need no slider, just a windows drop down and i could select what ever i want to and a home screen?
was just wondering if there was a way to make it simple, like change the font to times new romen or tahoma, so it would be readable?, i will check out your roms and flash my HTC Touch Pro for sprint, and see how it goes.

is there a way i could back up the stock rom on my HTC Pro? or one's i would switch, i would not want to go back? and with your root rom, will i be able to activate my phone on sprint network? what about there "##" number thing they give to be able to edit the number and msid, would i be able to do that?

just trying to make sure i would still have a working phone after the flash, your answer would be much appriciated, and your rom is stable right?
If you are already activated it should stay activated.
All ##codes should work fine.
You can use Titanium if you want simple with no slider.
Also I can't remember if I added font changer or not.
If not there are apps that will do it easily. Should be able backup your current rom.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b

Quote:
If you are already activated it should stay activated.
All ##codes should work fine.
You can use Titanium if you want simple with no slider.
Also I can't remember if I added font changer or not.
If not there are apps that will do it easily. Should be able backup your current rom.
hey, i ran the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip and it completed, that mean my phone is ready for your rootrom?
i am having trouble finding a way to back up my current stock rom, just want to have that for later, if i don't like something, is there a way i could back it up, and do all HTC Touch Pro from sprint have same exact stock rom?

i am so about to update to rootrom, since it is the only one i found so far, wanted to find a few others, but they are very difficult to find, thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro