PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will try and upload a Sprint stock rom for you in case you want to go back.
Doubt you will.

If you ran hard spl then you should be good to flash.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-15-2012 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Rom Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Will try and upload a Sprint stock rom for you in case you want to go back.
Doubt you will.

If you ran hard spl then you should be good to flash.
i tryed your root rom and your titanium rom, don't like either of them, a bit too confusing, i am so used to drop down menues like in windows xp, where there is a start menu and i could put what programs i use alot instead of going into programs and finding them over and over, very anoying. but your rom works.

i just like the windows mobile 5 look better, and is there anyways i could get a better radio installed, i can't seem to get more then a bar of signal with your rom? i wish i could try that one original rom i been looking for. thanks for the help, i like it better when i have to click less type of thing, and simple interface.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

To each their own, thank you to Rootlinux for trying to help out. =]

Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkviper5 View Post
i tryed your root rom and your titanium rom, don't like either of them, a bit too confusing, i am so used to drop down menues like in windows xp, where there is a start menu and i could put what programs i use alot instead of going into programs and finding them over and over, very anoying. but your rom works.

i just like the windows mobile 5 look better, and is there anyways i could get a better radio installed, i can't seem to get more then a bar of signal with your rom? i wish i could try that one original rom i been looking for. thanks for the help, i like it better when i have to click less type of thing, and simple interface.
RootRom has an apps menu to add all your favorite apps.
Also NinjaRom has an app dropdown.
All the information is in my roms thread.
Sorry you didn't like them.
They will do everything you asked for.

As for radios, not sure what is the latest on that device.
Can look into it.
Did you take any ota updates before flashing?

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-16-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
RootRom has an apps menu to add all your favorite apps.
Also NinjaRom has an app dropdown.
All the information is in my roms thread.
Sorry you didn't like them.
They will do everything you asked for.

As for radios, not sure what is the latest on that device.
Can look into it.
Did you take any ota updates before flashing?
no one told me about ota updates, how come no other roms is available for download anywhere, i spend hours and days searching, and nothing at all?
if i could figure out how to get a start menu like in windows mobile 5, or 6.1, i might actually use it,
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
no one told me about ota updates, how come no other roms is available for download anywhere, i spend hours and days searching, and nothing at all?
if i could figure out how to get a start menu like in windows mobile 5, or 6.1, i might actually use it,
Unfortunately, you are working on a legacy device. As phones get older, support for them falls off and links go dead. It is a sad reality.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

darkviper5 is a n00b

i found this link,
http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/Raphael/Cookie/
could i use this with my htc touch pro from sprint?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446319

it says it got a start menu ... anyone know, i don't want to brick my phone not knowing what i am doing, thanks

Last edited by darkviper5; 10-17-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
i found this link,
EnergyROM ROM Downloads

Sprint Touch Pro - Which ROM to use? - xda-developers

it says it got a start menu ... anyone know, i don't want to brick my phone not knowing what i am doing, thanks
Does your device look like this? If so, you are good to go.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
i found this link,
http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/Raphael/Cookie/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446319

My roms have start menus as well.
Look through some of the threads.
NRG is a good dev but let me say this.
I learned how to make my roms after making probably a few thousand posts in his threads.
I learned how to mod and tweak by fixing bugs and issues I had on his roms.
I made my roms because I didn't like the bugs on other roms.
So if you are looking for a 100% working rom for your Touch Pro with little to no bugs then you should give mine a few days to test.
Not bashing NRG at all but at the same time I learned by fixing his.
Read through my threads and you will see what I mean.
Users were very involved and every bug that was posted was fixed.
There is nothing on my roms that doesn't work.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

^^^ That was fun to read. Thank you for working hard for the common good Rootlinux!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro