PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Back from the dead (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149699)

jabu 04-05-2012 12:52 PM

Back from the dead

So my Touch Pro has been touchy lately. At random times when I would turn on the screen I would be greeted by a gently glowing screen of random color. After cycling the screen on and off a few times, It would come on properly. Then it got worse. I started developing all sorts of rituals for using my phone: gently stroking it, squeezing it's sides, banging it on the counter. None yielded consistent results. Finally it got to the point where it wouldn't work regardless of my methods. I was about to send it off to my PDA graveyard, but I felt I owed it to the phone for one last disassemble. As I was prodding through I noticed that three of the four connectors were loose. Firmly putting everything back together, I decided to try once more. Sweet Zombie Jesus, it works. Another old friend saved from the graveyard!

Tinkerbell 04-05-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Back from the dead

Nice effort! It is so great when a repair effort has success!

arrrghhh 04-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabu (Post 2174840)
Sweet Zombie Jesus, it works.

LMAO, that's awesome. Good work.

jabu 04-14-2012 05:03 PM

Yeah, thank god I fixed it. My backup phone just took a dump. RAGE

Talon Pro 04-20-2012 10:13 PM

I think you and i are the only ones left using a TP, and i still have a backup for if this one croaks LOL.

fixxxer2012 04-20-2012 10:29 PM

kinda curious why you guys have not upgraded yet? not even to a tp2?

arrrghhh 04-22-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2176076)
kinda curious why you guys have not upgraded yet? not even to a tp2?

I was a little angry about the TP2, they didn't really bump the specs at all. Same proc, same RAM... Just a bigger screen.

I got one thru an insurance replacement... a LONG time ago, lol... and I do like the phone. Still bitter HTC let the innards rot, and then released the HD2... Bastages.

Now it sounds like HTC isn't going to do any more kb phones. The Pro7 or Arrive really isn't a worthy upgrade from the TP2, so I guess the TP3 is never going to happen. I would've loved something like the HD2 with a TP2 kb... I'm sure a lot of other people would have as well, but now with the iPhone I guess HTC feels they should focus on thin and light, which means no kb!

jabu 04-23-2012 09:45 AM

I got an Evo Shift, but I can't use a 4g phone on my "special" plan. :(

jabu 04-23-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 2176071)
I think you and i are the only ones left using a TP, and i still have a backup for if this one croaks LOL.

I have a parts TP. Unfortunately the LCD/Digitizer is shot, which is the part I'll probably need soon. Meh, when this thing finally dies I may check ebay for a TP2. I had a hard time saying goodbye to my Apache, too.

Phyllis2011you 04-23-2012 10:46 PM

Thanks for sharing.