PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Can't enter bootloader mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145950)

nyles 07-24-2011 03:00 AM

Can't enter bootloader mode

Hello everyone. Searched for about an hour but didn't really find anything specific to my problem. Had different roms on for a while and didn't have problems entering bootloader mode. Decided to flash back to a stock sprint rom recently which started to give me problems entering the bootloader (would only work periodically. Decided to task 29 anyway before flashing a different rom. Flash 29 completed successfully, but now I can't enter bootloader at all to either flash via usb connection or flash using the sd. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

arrrghhh 07-24-2011 10:43 AM

Re: Can't enter bootloader mode

What does it do when you try to put it into bootloader?

nyles 07-24-2011 01:54 PM

It vibrates once and then goes straight to the touch pro splash screen as if I had started it up normally. Originally with the sprint rom, it would just start up as normal. I tried resetting holding down the power and vol down, as well as pulling the battery and holding vol down and power after reinserting the battery. Thanks for responding so quickly.

arrrghhh 07-24-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyles (Post 2131377)
It vibrates once and then goes straight to the touch pro splash screen as if I had started it up normally. Originally with the sprint rom, it would just start up as normal. I tried resetting holding down the power and vol down, as well as pulling the battery and holding vol down and power after reinserting the battery. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Huh... does it boot into WinMo properly? Are you sure that the buttons are working correctly? I'm not really sure why it would fail to enter bootloader mode at all...

Have you tried leaving the battery out of it for an extended period of time? Sometimes that resets things...

nyles 07-24-2011 02:18 PM

As of now, it only boots to the touch pro splash screen because I just completed a task 29. Prior to the task 29, it booted into winmo ignoring the bootloader. I did try leaving the battery out overnight, tried it this morning, and nothing. I know the vol button works because it was lowering the volume on the device right before the task 29.

arrrghhh 07-24-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyles (Post 2131384)
As of now, it only boots to the touch pro splash screen because I just completed a task 29. Prior to the task 29, it booted into winmo ignoring the bootloader. I did try leaving the battery out overnight, tried it this morning, and nothing. I know the vol button works because it was lowering the volume on the device right before the task 29.

Hrm... I'm grabbing at straws now, not really sure what can be done... if you can't enter bootloader mode, and you don't have a ROM flashed... you pretty much have a brick.

nyles 07-24-2011 03:32 PM

thats what i was afraid of. is there no way to enter bootloader besides the manual button comb? the phone went on its own using the task 29 RUU, but i know its diff now without a op. sys.

Jmz 07-24-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyles (Post 2131406)
thats what i was afraid of. is there no way to enter bootloader besides the manual button comb? the phone went on its own using the task 29 RUU, but i know its diff now without a op. sys.

Does the computer ever recognize the device while attempting to boot?

Sent from my ADR6400L using PPCGeeks

nyles 07-24-2011 06:43 PM

when its plugged in to the pc, it charges but s not connected according to activesync. I also tried running a rom RUU while it was plugged in, but there was no connecton. kinda wierd because when i have it plugged n to the pc and i pull out the battery, the light still flashes as if its chaqrging even without the battery

Jmz 07-25-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyles (Post 2131453)
when its plugged in to the pc, it charges but s not connected according to activesync. I also tried running a rom RUU while it was plugged in, but there was no connecton. kinda wierd because when i have it plugged n to the pc and i pull out the battery, the light still flashes as if its chaqrging even without the battery

Inside the ruu there is a file called enterbootloader.exe. I dunno if it can be ran from command line but maybe turn the phone off and keep running that exe as the phone attempts to boot. Once again just stabbing in the dark and have never tried it but at this point the worse that could happen is it not work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using PPCGeeks