PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How can I bypass the align screen on touch pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145865)

krisj911 07-20-2011 11:20 AM

How can I bypass the align screen on touch pro?

My Touch Pro screen stoped working correctly, it would not align and on the right side is not working right the screen, I think the screen went bad.

I tryed to hard reset (hoping it will work again), nothing. I tryed to clear the memory, thinking maybe a program is messing up the screen. But now can not get past the align screen. Is there a way to by pass it, until i get a new phone????

Thanks in advance

arrrghhh 07-20-2011 02:45 PM

Re: How can I bypass the align screen on touch pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisj911 (Post 2130073)
My Touch Pro screen stoped working correctly, it would not align and on the right side is not working right the screen, I think the screen went bad.

I tryed to hard reset (hoping it will work again), nothing. I tryed to clear the memory, thinking maybe a program is messing up the screen. But now can not get past the align screen. Is there a way to by pass it, until i get a new phone????

Thanks in advance

The phone will be completely useless without a functional touch screen... so I don't see what this will gain you.

I've heard that the digitizer can separate from the screen (or something to this effect, maybe it was dust/debris between screen/digitizer) and it will cause issues. Is there anything wedged between these two things? Make sure there isn't.

IIRC, EnergyROM doesn't calibrate... Perhaps flash that ROM?

krisj911 07-20-2011 06:04 PM

there is nothing wedged, it is nice and clear. I know that the phone is no good anymore, but i just need to use it for some time until i am able to get a diff. phone. Is there a way to bypass the align screen??

arrrghhh 07-20-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisj911 (Post 2130212)
there is nothing wedged, it is nice and clear. I know that the phone is no good anymore, but i just need to use it for some time until i am able to get a diff. phone. Is there a way to bypass the align screen??

Did you bother reading the rest of my post!?!?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2130134)
IIRC, EnergyROM doesn't calibrate... Perhaps flash that ROM?

krisj911 07-20-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2130234)
Did you bother reading the rest of my post!?!?!?

I did read it, I reset it with raphael, but it goes to the welcome page and then to the align screen page; and align screen page is where i can not get past, but i am trying the EnergyROM to see what will happen. Worth a shot, right?

krisj911 07-20-2011 07:58 PM

i went to Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6850 to istall a new software