PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Telus

Reign01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardware Buttons Failure

My 4 Hardware Buttons (Home, Back, pick up call, hang up) have ceased working. Also possible unrelated when I go to my contacts folder it is empty, but the contacts are still there because when I go to phone and starting keying in the first few letters of a name the list appears, but while in contacts, none are listed. Also, it doesn't say that message to like "click New to add new contact". Another possible unrelated error is that Touchflo 3d doesn't load, it just shows the HTC symbol with the contacts and phone (or calendar) at the bottom and the status symbols at the top. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I've done dozens of soft resets and 2 hard resets since friday and the hard resets temporarily solved the unviewable contacts problem, but not the hardware buttons problem.

I fear my phone is near its end.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Reign01 is a n00b
Re: Hardware Buttons Failure

Also, I've tried XDandroid, but........no luck, hardware buttons work like arrow keys and now the phone runs low while it is booted. This proble only began aboout last weekend. Before then, no problems what so ever, except no wifi in droid (no biggie)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign01 View Post
Also, I've tried XDandroid, but........no luck, hardware buttons work like arrow keys and now the phone runs low while it is booted. This proble only began aboout last weekend. Before then, no problems what so ever, except no wifi in droid (no biggie)
No offense, but if the hardware buttons don't work in WinMo, they won't work in Android...

Sounds like you have a hardware issue with those buttons... Are they dirty? Try cleaning with some rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Reign01 is a n00b

Actually the hardware buttons do work in Android, only when i slide out the keyboard...they then work as the 4 arrow buttons. Also I think the problem with TF3d and Contacts not being viewable has to do with the phones speed. It also takes about 6minutes for Microsoft Word to fully. After 3 hard resets and dozens of soft resets what is causing this drastic decrease in performance. I am only running at about 33-35%, rather than the 44%-46% I was doing in the past.

Also, at random times the phone comes out of sleep mode (as if I had pressed the power button to make the screen visable).
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Reign01 is a n00b

Also the zoom in wheel, center ok click is also not functioning. In the past when the phone was on by moving my finger against the hardware face buttons they would light up when my finger was on it. Now, no longer.

This problem seems like a software and hardware issue at once. Or possibly missing drivers for the hardware buttons?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Reign01 is a n00b

Also, when the phone randomly comes out of sleep mode, the 4 buttons light up. But are still unresponsive.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I don't know how to respond to your comments... Sorry.

Seems like you're having a hardware issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro