PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

So what would we need to do to get data working? I mean I'm kind of okay with using wifi, but I'd really rather not.

YouTube isn't really working for me either to be honest.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNYPE2K9 View Post
So what would we need to do to get data working? I mean I'm kind of okay with using wifi, but I'd really rather not.

YouTube isn't really working for me either to be honest.
Data works OOB for me on Sprint. It says you're on Sprint in your profile, is that not true...?

YouTube works great for me. On wifi and on 3g.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Data works OOB for me on Sprint. It says you're on Sprint in your profile, is that not true...?

YouTube works great for me. On wifi and on 3g.

I'm on sprint and mine didn't work. What radio do you have flashed? Could that be difference? Did you modify the froyo.user.conf file before you initial boot or after? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
I'm on sprint and mine didn't work. What radio do you have flashed? Could that be difference? Did you modify the froyo.user.conf file before you initial boot or after? Thanks in advance for the help.
Nope, data 'just works'. Do you get any errors? A 3g icon at the top? Anything? You need to give me something to go off of. Did you setup an APN? I only had to do that for MMS, not data.

I was on 2.32 (latest Sprint radio) and now I'm on 2.37WV, the latest VZ radio. Shouldn't matter tho.

So please, tell me as much as you possibly can about what you've tried, what you see, etc. Troubleshooting doesn't occur by me just guessing .
Old 10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Quote:
Nope, data 'just works'. Do you get any errors? A 3g icon at the top? Anything? You need to give me something to go off of. Did you setup an APN? I only had to do that for MMS, not data.

I was on 2.32 (latest Sprint radio) and now I'm on 2.37WV, the latest VZ radio. Shouldn't matter tho.

So please, tell me as much as you possibly can about what you've tried, what you see, etc. Troubleshooting doesn't occur by me just guessing .
Thanks for responding quickly. I'll try to get some data for you tonight. I really appreciate the help. I hadn't tried running android on this phone for several month so I need to do some reading too. I'm even having trouble with the phone connection. It worked when I brought it up with an older kernel and I was able to make test call (used the old kernel to get a good calibration file), but I've had no joy even with the phone since then. I'll try to work on it tonight. Thanks again for offering to help!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Quote:

Sorry I never got back to you. I actually picked up a new TP2 for cheap. Data works fine on it. I did see on one of the TP2 threads that you have done a couple of tweaks with FRX07.1 in the TP2 to increase performance (min memory and app startup tweaks) and you mentioned you were going to write that up somewhere, did you get a chance to do that? I haven't found it yet. I have it running pretty well, but am always looking for me tweaks.

Also, do you run a one of minimal windows ROM's to boot from? Does that matter for anything once android boots or just for boot up times?

One thing that I did as well that seems to work well (but may be my imagination and have really helped anything) is with overclocking. I set the string in the startup and then I used the "setCPU" app to change the minimum frequency in the 480MHz and the max up to the 748MHz. Seemed to be a bit more responsive and I know from benchmarks in it that setCPU is actaully doing something. SetCPU detects the processor, etc correctly too. Again, it's possible that it's my imagination that it's helping overall.

Thanks for keeping this up!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sorry I never got back to you. I actually picked up a new TP2 for cheap. Data works fine on it. I did see on one of the TP2 threads that you have done a couple of tweaks with FRX07.1 in the TP2 to increase performance (min memory and app startup tweaks) and you mentioned you were going to write that up somewhere, did you get a chance to do that? I haven't found it yet. I have it running pretty well, but am always looking for me tweaks.
A while ago, but never made one here in the TP section. You do realize you're posting in the TP1 section, not the TP2 section right?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html

Quote:
Also, do you run a one of minimal windows ROM's to boot from? Does that matter for anything once android boots or just for boot up times?
Doesn't help Android whatsoever. Just helps you get into Android quicker. Titanium from Energy is good. I'm not on WinMo anymore tho.

Quote:
One thing that I did as well that seems to work well (but may be my imagination and have really helped anything) is with overclocking. I set the string in the startup and then I used the "setCPU" app to change the minimum frequency in the 480MHz and the max up to the 748MHz. Seemed to be a bit more responsive and I know from benchmarks in it that setCPU is actaully doing something. SetCPU detects the processor, etc correctly too. Again, it's possible that it's my imagination that it's helping overall.
SetCPU I don't think has userland control, but overclocking certainly will help (and is covered in that thread ).
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 PM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Thanks for speed Improvement link. I thought I looked for it pretty well, but I guess not. I guess I was looking for it in the development section of TP2 android.

I did realize I was in TP. My first couple of questions for you were when I only had a TP. Picked up a new TP2 for cheap, but thought I would respond in the TP section where my questions were so the context would make sense.

I've been using Energy for WM side of house while I figure out how to get android configured well enough to never use WM. Just wanted to make sure the very small ROM's like Caulkin made were just for boot times and that WM wasn't actually taking any memory at all from android.

Moving to TP2 section now!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Hi all,

I've done some hacking on hyc's RIL and have data working on my Touch Pro. I'm running this modified RIL on top of FRX7.1, which is really sweet BTW. However, this is on a frankenstein TP: it's a Sprint branded TP (RAPH800), but running on Verizon's network, with a Verizon Radio (1.03.09V). So, I don't know if my mods are going to work with other radios or on other networks.

There's still some stuff I'm looking into: The carrier name is still displayed as XDAndroid,

Anyway, is anyone interested in trying this out?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
Hi all,

I've done some hacking on hyc's RIL and have data working on my Touch Pro. I'm running this modified RIL on top of FRX7.1, which is really sweet BTW. However, this is on a frankenstein TP: it's a Sprint branded TP (RAPH800), but running on Verizon's network, with a Verizon Radio (1.03.09V). So, I don't know if my mods are going to work with other radios or on other networks.

There's still some stuff I'm looking into: The carrier name is still displayed as XDAndroid,

Anyway, is anyone interested in trying this out?
Carrier name is 'static', don't bother looking into that further (I can kinda detail what was done in PM if you want).

But load it up! I'm sure RAPH users would love to give it a shot. Assuming it works, I expect to see some patches from ya .

Hey, if it doesn't work - would you be willing to look at some logs to help out some users? I have a thread over on xda-devs, if you could bump that too w/this info (and a link to download if possible). Thanks!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro