PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
1x MetroPCS faster than EVDO Sprint!!!

Okay so my aunt came over and she has a sprint htc touch pro on Sprint unlimited plan. I notice hers was running on EVDO and mine being on Metropcs shows as 1x. So of course out of Curiosity I lined up both phones side by side and both had two bars. I ran mobilespeedtest.com using 1mb file and guess what...hers running on EVDO averaged 500kbps and mine average 1300kbps running on 1x. I did this multiple times getting same results.

I'm just simply impressed with metropcs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: 1x MetroPCS faster than EVDO Sprint!!!

That sounds great, maybe she just had low 3G coverage =s try putting her phone in 1x to see how it works haha, you must have great metro coverage... when my brother had it, it was horrible.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Like I said we both had two bars and on her phone EVDO was showing meaning her 3G was on EVDO connection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4567111...21876/sizes/o/

Last edited by I m J James; 01-18-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Okay so my aunt came over and she has a sprint htc touch pro on Sprint unlimited plan. I notice hers was running on EVDO and mine being on Metropcs shows as 1x. So of course out of Curiosity I lined up both phones side by side and both had two bars. I ran mobilespeedtest.com using 1mb file and guess what...hers running on EVDO averaged 500kbps and mine average 1300kbps running on 1x. I did this multiple times getting same results.

I'm just simply impressed with metropcs.
You were both on 3G. "The 1X standard supports packet data speeds of up to 153 kbps...". You were running at ~10x the theoretical 1x standard.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Like I said we both had two bars and on her phone EVDO was showing meaning her 3G was on EVDO connection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4567111...21876/sizes/o/

Ooo i know haha, I don't doubt you mate =] I meant maybe she just has horroble 3G coverage, maybe try putting her phone in 1X mode to see if it gets a little better =P Congrats on owning Sprints coverage in speed wise.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Wow! That settles it! I'm dumping Sprint for Metro!
Thanks for the unbiased, reliable, scientific, and accurate data!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Save money =)
Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

And still have one of the best phones ever made while saving money lol.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

agree
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, guess from the reaction here, you should never post something you found interesting. Doesn't matter what anyone says, his post was true to title, his phone was faster than his aunt's. Why is everyone getting so defensive?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro