PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TANK ROM Sense 2.5: password?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145541)

mignonette 07-09-2011 08:28 PM

TANK ROM Sense 2.5: password??

Hi everyone,

I just bought an HTC Touch Pro off ebay and it appears the previous user had uploaded the Tank ROM Sense 2.5 to the phone. My problem is not with the use of the ROM but I can't seem to get through the password bit.

I emailed the individual who sold me the phone and their password didn't work. Is there a way around this? This is me being a total n00b. I have never used a Windows phone, so this is all Greek to me..

Would really appreciate a little help if possible.

arrrghhh 07-09-2011 10:55 PM

Re: TANK ROM Sense 2.5: password??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mignonette (Post 2126132)
Hi everyone,

I just bought an HTC Touch Pro off ebay and it appears the previous user had uploaded the Tank ROM Sense 2.5 to the phone. My problem is not with the use of the ROM but I can't seem to get through the password bit.

I emailed the individual who sold me the phone and their password didn't work. Is there a way around this? This is me being a total n00b. I have never used a Windows phone, so this is all Greek to me..

Would really appreciate a little help if possible.

Perhaps you should just reflash the ROM. I would flash back to stock, or EnergyROM if you like aftermarket ROM's.

mignonette 07-10-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2126160)
Perhaps you should just reflash the ROM. I would flash back to stock, or EnergyROM if you like aftermarket ROM's.

Thanks.

So, there's no way around the password bit? I tried connecting it to the PC and going that route, but it says my phone's locked and needs authentication on the device.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I flash it? I can't even do a hard reset because it's locked. Does that matter?

arrrghhh 07-10-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mignonette (Post 2126273)
Thanks.

So, there's no way around the password bit? I tried connecting it to the PC and going that route, but it says my phone's locked and needs authentication on the device.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I flash it? I can't even do a hard reset because it's locked. Does that matter?

Do you know what a hard reset is...? That's where the phone is wiped and put back to a fresh OS from the last ROM install. It obviously doesn't take you back to stock if there's a custom ROM on there.

If you don't know how to flash, have a look at the sticky's in the CDMA/GSM development sections above - make sure you go to the right section! You cannot flash a CDMA phone with a GSM ROM, and visa versa obviously...

I would recommend that. Unless you really truly want this ROM, in that case just hard reset. See How do I perform a hard reset - look at the "Using device buttons" section.