PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

HandsOfGod84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HandsOfGod84 Send a message via Yahoo to HandsOfGod84 Send a message via Skype™ to HandsOfGod84
HTC Touch Pro + 2011 + Insurance

If I have sprint insurance and lose my touch pro does anyone know what they would send me in 2011 for a replacement?

Prior experience that's recent? any advice please post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro + 2011 + Insurance

Well back when I had my original TP, the keyboard went out on it. Sprint store offered me a Moment, some BB, or the TP2. I took the TP2... This was more than a year ago now.

If you lose it, that's not insured directly thru Sprint - you have to pay a deductible and a 3rd party (Asurion) actually does the replacement. AFAIK the fee is now $100 for "Advanced" phone replacements (IE any 'smart'phone).
Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... My guess is as good as yours.
Right now... I believe it's the same as above... An old blackberry with the trackball, a moment, or TP2.

You know... There are Sprint stores all over the place. They can usually answer that question better.

p.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

bruinhoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfGod84 View Post
If I have sprint insurance and lose my touch pro does anyone know what they would send me in 2011 for a replacement?

Prior experience that's recent? any advice please post
Well, I should be able to tell you in about an hour - my TP is getting checked out at a repair center right now, guessing it will need replacement. Think I read somewhere that ESRP and Assurion draw replacements from the same source now, but could be wrong on that.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HandsOfGod84 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to HandsOfGod84 Send a message via Yahoo to HandsOfGod84 Send a message via Skype™ to HandsOfGod84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinhoo View Post
Well, I should be able to tell you in about an hour - my TP is getting checked out at a repair center right now, guessing it will need replacement. Think I read somewhere that ESRP and Assurion draw replacements from the same source now, but could be wrong on that.

so what happen bruinhoo?

I had one replaced cause the screen malfunction after I sat on it one night

Then I got a brand new one but don't ever use it... so just wanna see replacement value

Don't want TP2 egh ugh....
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Bruinhoo? Hmm. I take it they not only did NOT replace it, they put Bruinhoo in a landfill alongside his broken TP. Rest well, bud.

As a side note, I would just call Assurion and do things via mail vs. meeting the same fate as Bruinhoo.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Lurker

rich_e is just getting started

I just found out today, totally by accident, they (Asurion) are still sending out TP1s.

My wife was having problems with her phone (not a Touch Pro), took it to the service center twice and wasn't satisfied. She called Sprint and they said they'd send her a replacement. That was on June 7th. When the new phone didn't arrive I told her that the new policy is to only replace for loss or damage, all other replacements are through the service center. She didn't like that a called them again over this past weekend. I got home today to find TWO boxes on the porch. They got their wires crossed and sent me a Touch Pro AND sent her the replacement for her phone.

I was just going to send the Touch Pro back. After a year of tweaking mine I finally got it perfect and there's nothing wrong with it. However, being the curious type, I put a battery in the new Touch Pro and turned it on. It ran through the initial set up and then it activated. So I guess I'll start learning how to restore my old phone and go ahead and send it back. I hope they don't try and charge me the deductible. I really don't want to pay $100 for a Touch Pro. I wish I hadn't messed with the new one.

Edit: I just called customer service and they said there were no changes on my account for deductibles! Of course, I'll have to wait a couple more weeks to see my newest bill to know for sure.

Last edited by rich_e; 06-28-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint sero

scorpion24 is a n00b

i went to the sprint store today to get my htc touch pro fix(black screen of death)
the guy told me i will get touch pro as a replacement
so i guess no touch pro 2 for me
Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: google.com
Carrier: yidong

freehothm is a n00b

Yeah... My guess is as good as yours.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro