PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dirtyone55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messaging problem. Please help.

Okay, I just got my replacement phone after my other was lost.

I am having problems with my phone receiving data. I will send text's out just fine, and get the message saying the message was sent just fine and all, but I do not get replies. So thinking my phone is all messed up, I tried to make a call, then I noticed the text messages coming in when the call was being made. I tried it over and over, and same thing. Messages will not come through unless I am making a phone call. I am at work right now, so I can not make a phone call to myself.

Anybody have any problems with this? Oh I also noticed that there is a new thing in the communications dropdown on the phone called "Microsoft Direct Push" Do you think that could be the problem?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Text messaging problem. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyone55 View Post
Okay, I just got my replacement phone after my other was lost.

I am having problems with my phone receiving data. I will send text's out just fine, and get the message saying the message was sent just fine and all, but I do not get replies. So thinking my phone is all messed up, I tried to make a call, then I noticed the text messages coming in when the call was being made. I tried it over and over, and same thing. Messages will not come through unless I am making a phone call. I am at work right now, so I can not make a phone call to myself.

Anybody have any problems with this? Oh I also noticed that there is a new thing in the communications dropdown on the phone called "Microsoft Direct Push" Do you think that could be the problem?
I would contact the carrier, sounds like something wasn't provisioned correctly.

I don't think direct push would have anything to do with this issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dirtyone55 is a n00b

Okay, I will give sprint a call sometime tonight..... I am really looking forward to sitting on the phone with them lol.

Does direct push do anything besides e-mail and stuff?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyone55 View Post
Okay, I will give sprint a call sometime tonight..... I am really looking forward to sitting on the phone with them lol.

Does direct push do anything besides e-mail and stuff?
If you're talking about activesync, that can do calendar email and contacts.

If you're talking about something different, I'm not sure - I think there's some tool to backup your contacts to Sprint's server, but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

Usually the term 'push' and 'exchange' go hand-in-hand, which is why I went on the activesync tangent. I'm not really sure what else would apply to 'direct push'...

Just curious, do you not want to talk to them because of hold times..? There's some direct #'s I can dig up if that's your concern .
Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dirtyone55 is a n00b

Come to think of it, the last phone I got, I had to call sprint and from my keypad I had to dial some numbers and enter in some different information. I can not remember the codes or what that I had to put in. I just tried a hard reset, and the same thing, nothing is fixed so I think it is on the carrier's end, just wish I could do that on my own without waiting until late tonight to get to it.... I've already been without a phone for a few days.

Usually the term 'push' and 'exchange' go hand-in-hand, which is why I went on the activesync tangent. I'm not really sure what else would apply to 'direct push'...

Okay, I didn't know if it was something that was going to screw something up if I change the registry or something on my phone. no biggie. I use google contacts and sync my phone that way.

Just curious, do you not want to talk to them because of hold times..? There's some direct #'s I can dig up if that's your concern .

Just get annoyed talking to them sometimes, plus already being frustrated doesn't help. I appreciate your offer to dig up numbers.... No need to do so, I will wait in line like everybody else.

Last edited by dirtyone55; 03-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Lurker

rich_e is just getting started

Do you receive incoming calls or do you find callers go direct to voice mail even when your phone is on? I had the same text message problem you describe. It mostly occurred when I was roaming. I also had a problem with incoming calls not being received and I wouldn't get voice mail notifications until I made an outgoing call.

I unlocked the phone a tried several different roms and changed settings but nothing really helped until I flashed the Verizon radio (link is in my sig). The phone works perfectly now. I'm still on sprint by the way. The radio doesn't force it to roam or to prefer Verizon towers.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dirtyone55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e View Post
Do you receive incoming calls or do you find callers go direct to voice mail even when your phone is on? I had the same text message problem you describe. It mostly occurred when I was roaming. I also had a problem with incoming calls not being received and I wouldn't get voice mail notifications until I made an outgoing call.

I unlocked the phone a tried several different roms and changed settings but nothing really helped until I flashed the Verizon radio (link is in my sig). The phone works perfectly now. I'm still on sprint by the way. The radio doesn't force it to roam or to prefer Verizon towers.
I do not receive incoming calls. On the callers end, it rings like my phone is on but my phone does not ring.

What do you mean by flashing the verizon radio? What does that do?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro - MightyROM6
Carrier: PagePlus

deegge is becoming a great contributor

This may sound simple but:
1) Have you done any customizing to your phone? Unlocked it, flashed anything?

2) Is the phone activated? Did you call your provider to get it working?

3) Did your old phone work fine in the areas that you are using it today?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dirtyone55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegge View Post
This may sound simple but:
1) Have you done any customizing to your phone? Unlocked it, flashed anything?

2) Is the phone activated? Did you call your provider to get it working?

3) Did your old phone work fine in the areas that you are using it today?
1. No, nothing more than turning it on and doing what was instructed by the activation instructions.

2. Yes, the phone was activated, and outgoing calls/messages are working just fine.

3. Yes, the old unit worked flawlessley from where I am at.

I just got off the phone with Sprint customer support, and they could not figure anything out. I noticed the reception flashing from 4 bars to 0 bars, over and over again. I was transferred to Asurion, and after speaking with a man who I could hardly understand..... I was hung up on.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Take it back!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro