PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself...

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root of your SD card.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Click haret.exe on your phone thru File Explorer, Total Commander, etc.

5. Watch the boot process - you’ll see a section where you have to calibrate the screen - don’t forget to do this! Optionally, if you’ve already done this copy your ts-calibration file from your other build.

**This isn't working with 1276 (the newest kernel from GIT, which I've included). So, I have attached a ts-calibration that should work for RAPH/DIAM alike. Extract the .zip (should be a single file - ts-calibration with no file extension) to where you run haret.exe from. If you want to create your own, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file. Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one ), reboot & go back to the newest kernel! Thanks**

6. Profit!

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - I think if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot .

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them .

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
Attached Files
File Type: zip ts-calibration.zip (162 Bytes, 73 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-05-2011 at 05:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Things broken in this build:

libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location)

HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.

DIAM users have reported the g-sensor is flipped -
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc02 View Post
ok, the solution for DIAM100 is:

change "gsensor_axis=2,-1,3" to "gsensor_axis=-2,1,3"

works perfect!
This line should be in the startup.txt file if that wasn't obvious .

Thanks to emc02 for that solution!

The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another. mr_grisha's original post.

Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build. Although what is interesting, I noticed that in this build I don't have the landscape-on-boot issue that I get with Froyo...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-10-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!**

Changelog
March 25, 2011
  • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
  • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
  • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-30-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Great man! I have been running NEOPEEK's GB if im not mistaking and yep, these are deffinately BETA people.

Im going to download your build when I get home and play with it for a bit. THANKS DEVS!!!

Last edited by mapaz04; 02-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Update folks!

Cam, fixed soft keyboard... Y'know, fresh goodness from stinebd.

[Changelog]
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Switch to this from the froyo one, wanted to mention that the power collapse on my raph800 seems to be fixed.

Camera and wifi work fine

Some things that are broken is the auto rotate (its stuck in landscape) and the portable hotspotting is also broken. The hotspot was broken in Froyo but the landscape issue is new.

although I did just copy the data.img over from froyo so I didnt have to reinstall/setup so I'm not sure if there is incompatibility but it didnt look like it.

still working on trying to get swype on this though using it on windows got me addicted to it

edit: wanted to mention this since i didnt see it anywhere. Saw this in froyo too but in this android as well. The battery reading may not be accurate. Sometimes the battery widget shows I'm at say 80%. I'll turn off power and sometime later it'll read 90% before dropping to like 78% after a few minutes of use.

The software keyboard isn't fixed like the post above mentioned. It might be on just raph800 but I'm getting a mashed keyboard look with no letters in it

edit: The power collapse may not be fixed, I just had to soft reset it. But it happened when I pluged it into computer so I don't know if that was cause or coincidence

Last edited by EyeB; 03-14-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Your posts are difficult to respond to .

Auto rotate should be fixed... If you go back to the home screen does it still stay in landscape?

You should not copy the data.img over - please try to rename it (don't need to delete...) and let it create another one (assuming you have the space on your card!). See if that fixes your auto-rotate issue.

No clue on Swype... that's why I have a physical keyboard! You don't like yours? . I never got the hang of swype, I was always wayyyyy faster on the physical kbd.

As for the software keyboard, it certainly is fixed for me, and the guy who is building these system images has a RAPH - not an 800, but that shouldn't matter for the soft kbd sizing. So can you provide a particular situation or screenshot of the soft keyboard not being sized correctly...?

Power collapse is almost completely up to the kernel - granted there are some userland pieces responsible, but most is up to the kernel.

I'll address your kernel questions in the other thread, as I don't think you were updating/changing the kernel correctly .

Almost forgot - the battery is horribly inaccurate, for many different reasons - this is being addressed, there is a new piece of software to calibrate our batteries. The code has been written, now we just need to figure out how to integrate it and make it automated. The current battery code is... awful, but it's better than it was pre-October 2010 .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

hope this works, but here are the screenshots

This one is of keyboard
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/snap20110314_144136.png

This is when autorotate is off (the phone is held vertically)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/snap20110314_144201.png

This is when autorotate is on (The phone is still vertical so it shouldnt be in landscape)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/snap20110314_144205.png'

edit: im not 100% sure, but it seems like power collapse isnt completely fixed. It still bugs out about 30-40% of time... (not sure on this % but it broke around 4 out of 10 times so far

edit: I got around the keyboard by installing slideit. Since I wanted a swype like keyboard I'm happy with slideit.

edit: About the autorotate, could it be the ts-config file I'm using? The one you included didnt work but I've been using the same one that was made when I used eclair. I'm not sure if something changed since then and the file is old but ive attached it so it might help you find out whats wrong.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/ts-calibration

edit: adding a note saying that the power drain on this seems to be fairly high on my raph800

Last edited by EyeB; 03-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Been trying to fix this but ran out of ideas...

I'm using the ts-config file I linked to in the dropbox link in previous post. The touch screen works and all but the phone when I use camera seems to think I'm holding it opposite than how I am. Example is I hold it up and it shows screen as down, when I rotate phone right, it shows left. This is same when I hold phone down and left, its always the opposite direction being shown.

This might be why I have auto rotate issues but the ts-config file you posted doesnt allow touch screen to work. The same ts-config file I use works flawlessly in froyo frx05 so I dont know why it is messing up in gbx0a. Any help would be appreciated
Old 03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Been trying to fix this but ran out of ideas...

I'm using the ts-config file I linked to in the dropbox link in previous post. The touch screen works and all but the phone when I use camera seems to think I'm holding it opposite than how I am. Example is I hold it up and it shows screen as down, when I rotate phone right, it shows left. This is same when I hold phone down and left, its always the opposite direction being shown.

This might be why I have auto rotate issues but the ts-config file you posted doesnt allow touch screen to work. The same ts-config file I use works flawlessly in froyo frx05 so I dont know why it is messing up in gbx0a. Any help would be appreciated
The ts-calibration file is for touch screen only. There was a fix (I thought I put it on the second post, but I forgot to copypasta it over here... sorry!)

It's in the second post, but the jist is
Quote:
change "gsensor_axis=2,-1,3" to "gsensor_axis=-2,1,3"
Although you have a RAPH it looks like - what RAPH do you have...?

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-19-2011 at 11:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro