PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

krisj911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC XV6850 has no data or data not working

I just bought a HTC XV6850, I tryed to activate it online with Verizon (it is a Verizon phone), and when I had to call *228 it did not work. I called Verizon, they connected me with tech. support and they had me go through the phone (in the programing) to change things to get it to work. They helped me to get the calling to work, but no Data. Every time I call *228 it goes to US Cellular. They could not get it to work. They tryed to send signal to the phone from their server, but did not work. Tech. support told me to go to the store to see if they have a program, to reprogram the phone. Store did not have any software. Store rep. called the tech. support and they said that the phone is locked up on a tower and they could not unlock it from the tower.
I could use any help that anyone can provide me with. I am really frustraited with this problem. I even reactivated my old phone.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try dialing ##778 and go to menu at the bottom right.
press 'Reset'
Press ok.
Enter in your MSL and your TP will hard reset and reprovision.
You can get your MSL from your carrier or run an app like Baffs MSL grabber to get it.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic
Re: HTC XV6850 has no data or data not working

MSL is 000000 for Verizon. Also make sure your Home SID/Home NID in the PST Programming Menu is correct because sometimes Verizon will tell you the wrong numbers to put in there. you can look up what it is suppose to be (depending of the area you live in) The Roaming Zone-System ID (SID) List

When my bought her Imagio she couldn't get data to work after provisioning it, so she called Verizon and they tried to it manually. Verizon kept on telling her to input 32/65535 as her SID/NID (which was Wheeling WV). so Verizon then told to return her phone since they couldn't get it to work for her. But before she did I had a look at it and saw Verizon's stupidity, I changed her SID/NID to 8/65535 (which is Wilmington, DE) Which is my Verizon phone's home city (not my actual City that I live in).

And also as I recall they told me the wrong SID about 3 yrs ago with my old phone. So I have gone through this before with them! I think the SID/NID Database that they look up for the right numbers is out of date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

I tryed what horndoctor said and Relic too, but it still does not work. When I dial *228 it says the following "Message LC32, welcome to U.S. Cellular. We are sorry, your call can not be complited as dialed, please check the number and try again, Message LC32." I went in the programming (by dialing ##778 ) and changed the SID to Verizon (it was on Alltel), but same thing again.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisj911
I tryed what horndoctor said and Relic too, but it still does not work. When I dial *228 it says the following "Message LC32, welcome to U.S. Cellular. We are sorry, your call can not be complited as dialed, please check the number and try again, Message LC32." I went in the programming (by dialing ##778 ) and changed the SID to Verizon (it was on Alltel), but same thing again.
I should have asked this first but have you already flashed the Verizon shipped rom back on your TP? You need to do that first before you do what I said in my first post.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

Not quiet sure how to flash it, not sure what TP means. When I dial ##778, it goes to a screen that has options for View, Edit, Cancel. I select Edit and 000000 as password. Then I have the Menu (on bottom right, which has Edit, Ok, Cancel). On left I have View info which shows, Display, A-Key, NAM Settings, CDMA Settings, Home SID/NID, Modem Settings, and etc.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisj911 View Post
Not quiet sure how to flash it, not sure what TP means. When I dial ##778, it goes to a screen that has options for View, Edit, Cancel. I select Edit and 000000 as password. Then I have the Menu (on bottom right, which has Edit, Ok, Cancel). On left I have View info which shows, Display, A-Key, NAM Settings, CDMA Settings, Home SID/NID, Modem Settings, and etc.
lol TP(Touch Pro)

Turn your device off completely or pull battery.
Then replace battery.
Then push and hold volume down button down and while holding volume down button down push and hold power button until you see the rainbow bootloader screen.
It should say Serial toward the bottom.
Then connect your usb cable to your pc and on your device where it said Serial it will change to usb.
Then go to the exe for your carrier's rom and click on it to flash it and follow the directions.

Download the Verizon TP rom here:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%...58002_Ship.exe

Put it in your My Documents folder so you don't misplace it.

That should fix you up but if not follow my directions for going into EPST and resetting in my previous post.
Good Luck!

Last edited by horndoctor; 02-17-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: fix link
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

When I click on the link, my internet browser (Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer) can't find it; as if the link is not good any more. I did find this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...3-19-10-a.html not sure if it is the same, but 3rd and 4th link, on the page, are for Verizon. Should I try them?

P.S.
I really thank you for taking the time and energy to help me.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Sorry about that link. I should have tested it first.
It should work now.

Don't use the roms from that link you posted because those are for the Touch Pro 2.

I hope you get it fixed!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

The previous owner found the following site that has the stock rom for Verizon TP Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6850 , I tryed it out and it worked. The phone works great, the calls work, the data works; finally

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro