PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethpikil View Post
well no, the folders and startups are correct (er, im assuming) but in the start up, the keyboard is set to raphael, dont let me lead you astray, into thinking youve messed up somewhere. at this point i think my only option is to mess with the rootfs... which i dont really know how to do lol, but i like to consider myself somewhat apt at learning these things, so is there anywhere you can point me to learn?
I wish I did, I'm not really sure how the rootfs works - I would mount in looped in Linux and pick it apart if I was going to start messing with it.

Also, what is wrong? The startups folder should be the "end-all" for startup.txt files, I should have all the phones covered. If I don't, I'd like to fix it as there's going to be a new bundle (FRX05) soon!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

First post updated, FRX05. Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX05 - "Stable" - Camera!

Hi, I'm having problems using this on my htc touch pro. I'm getting a system is unable to respond, and asks to force close or wait. After that it restarts phone randomly. Sometimes I can get it to scroll the lock and use it until it restarts :S

I'm hoping it isnt the sd card like you mentioned before because I can't get another one :S

The reason I'm thinking it isnt the sd card is because this version of android works without problems on phone
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...rizon-gps.html

I just wanted the newer froyo :S

edit: Want to mention I'm on the cdma htc touch pro on sprint network.

Last edited by EyeB; 03-05-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

thesubmitter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This version is really speedy unfortunately on my telus cdma touch pro (raph800) I can't hear or be heard when I speak on the phone, also the lack of a menu button is a non-starter. The previous version had weird mapping (the TP power button was to return home and the home button with the menu button) but it worked though altogether slower.

I just copied this new verssion on the SD Card over the old version and overwrote the files.

Really cool though and this version was really snappy,
Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

Ok, I reformatted SD card and seems to be working great
Thanks for this and the work you guys put into it.

has anyone been able to get swype on this yet?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmitter View Post
This version is really speedy unfortunately on my telus cdma touch pro (raph800) I can't hear or be heard when I speak on the phone, also the lack of a menu button is a non-starter. The previous version had weird mapping (the TP power button was to return home and the home button with the menu button) but it worked though altogether slower.

I just copied this new verssion on the SD Card over the old version and overwrote the files.

Really cool though and this version was really snappy,
There's a menu button... IIRC it's the middle/center button on the dpad.

What kernel are you using? I thought the sound issue was squashed... wait, are you on 'silent' mode?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I noticed that the sound seemed diminished as well. It's ok when you have it to ear, but the speaker phone wasn't working.

The menu key is the enter key (circle on d-pad) now. The power button is actually the power button and not the home key like before. And Home key is home key again and not menu lol
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Hi again, got a bit of a question to anyone that can answer. Is this thing "rooted"? Trying to use wifi tether and its telling me to root the phone. But when I look up instructions on how to, I can't get it to root right because it boots back into windows mobile lol.

Is it possible to make it rooted by another means?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Hi again, got a bit of a question to anyone that can answer. Is this thing "rooted"? Trying to use wifi tether and its telling me to root the phone. But when I look up instructions on how to, I can't get it to root right because it boots back into windows mobile lol.

Is it possible to make it rooted by another means?
Yes of course this build is rooted. Which wifi tether are you trying to use...?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I was using the wifi tether app i found in market :S I downloaded the wifitether.apk and installed it. Sorry if the name isnt right but thats what it shows up on screen.

Do you know of one that works on sprint network? I'm new to android so don't know much varity of apps or which ones are better

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro