PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pocket PC
Carrier: Sprint

Solo1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Touch Pad is not the problem...worked well with the Touch Pro2.. as a matter of fact you helped me set it up a few months ago...

I was speaking here about an apparently known issue with the Touch Pro HTC, where the Android hotspot tether doesn't work (as discussed earlier in this thread several times). Just wondering if any solutions were found.... probably not, because if there were, you would be the one likely to know...

guess I have to get a different phone.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
Touch Pad is not the problem...worked well with the Touch Pro2.. as a matter of fact you helped me set it up a few months ago...

I was speaking here about an apparently known issue with the Touch Pro HTC, where the Android hotspot tether doesn't work (as discussed earlier in this thread several times). Just wondering if any solutions were found.... probably not, because if there were, you would be the one likely to know...

guess I have to get a different phone.
I thought the third party wifi tethering apps work fine, which is my point.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I thought the third party wifi tethering apps work fine, which is my point.
I will check a few; earlier references suggested they didn't work. thx.

looks like most require rooting.

Last edited by Solo1; 11-14-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Quote:
I will check a few; earlier references suggested they didn't work. thx.

looks like most require rooting.
Searching Android Wireless tether apps for 3 hours.... finding nothing that does not require root that works. If anyone has overcome this hurdle re wireless tethering on HTC Raphael 800 Touch Pro on Sprint network, please reply.

Thanks.

David
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Searching Android Wireless tether apps for 3 hours.... finding nothing that does not require root that works. If anyone has overcome this hurdle re wireless tethering on HTC Raphael 800 Touch Pro on Sprint network, please reply.

Thanks.

David
Google search for "xdandroid wifi tether"

XDANDROID Eclair WiFi Tethering | South Cape

Amazing.

This build is already rooted, why are you asking for things that don't require root? They'll all require root, AFAIK.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Quote:
Google search for "xdandroid wifi tether"

XDANDROID Eclair WiFi Tethering | South Cape

Amazing.

This build is already rooted, why are you asking for things that don't require root? They'll all require root, AFAIK.
Arrggghhh - thanks for paying attention....and for the link.

Most likely I am confused about rooting and other issues, but here is what I understand / am trying to accomplish:

First, win 6.5 mobile uses peer to peer networking for wireless hotspot programs like HTC has on the Touch Pro and Touch Pro2 that will not work with devices that require adhoc networking like the HP Touchpad that I am trying to connect.

Second, the Android Froyo storage card install has a wifi hotspot networking program that works with the TouchPd, and with your assistance, did so on my former TouchPro2 with the built in the wireless tether program in Froyo 7.0 (I think it was until) until my Touch Pro2 disappeared.

Currently, I am trying to duplicate the setup on a Raphael 800 Sprint HTC Touch Pro Win 6.5 phone to have data working and wifi Router / tether / hotspot working with a Froyo Android build installed on a 8gb storage card so that it will work with my HP TouchPad using an adhoc network.

Second, based on my research and experience, Froyo 7.0 and 7.1 on the Touch Pro, data does not work, so you must use Froyo 6.

Third, with Froyo 6, from my experience and reading this thread, after Froyo 6 install, data works, but the built in wireless tether / hotspot function does not work nor do the popular 3rd party apps mentioned in this thread (Barnacle and Open garden, I believe - partially because I think that a rooted Android install is required for them to work). The builtin wireless tether program just returns an error as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Fourth, as I understand, the storage card Froyo Android install / reboot approach is not the same as rooting the phone, therefore programs that require rooting will not work or won't install on my phone from Android market.

Hence, I am looking for feedback to see if others have found a wifi / tethering / hotspot program that gets around the issues of the Raphael 800 and works, so I can get back in business.

Are there gaping holes in what I understand? Based on this scenario, do you think the Android Eclair program will work? And, if so, with my current Froyo install, do I just install Eclair, it, or are there other adjustments / steps I must take to reach success? I am reading up on it now.

Thanks for your patience.

David

Last edited by Solo1; 11-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Arrggghhh - thanks for paying attention....and for the link.

Most likely I am confused about rooting and other issues, but here is what I understand / am trying to accomplish:

First, win 6.5 mobile uses peer to peer networking for wireless hotspot programs like HTC has on the Touch Pro and Touch Pro2 that will not work with devices that require adhoc networking like the HP Touchpad that I am trying to connect.

Second, the Android Froyo storage card install has a wifi hotspot networking program that works with the TouchPd, and with your assistance, did so on my former TouchPro2 with the built in the wireless tether program in Froyo 7.0 (I think it was until) until my Touch Pro2 disappeared.

Currently, I am trying to duplicate the setup on a Raphael 800 Sprint HTC Touch Pro Win 6.5 phone to have data working and wifi Router / tether / hotspot working with a Froyo Android build installed on a 8gb storage card so that it will work with my HP TouchPad using an adhoc network.

Second, based on my research and experience, Froyo 7.0 and 7.1 on the Touch Pro, data does not work, so you must use Froyo 6.

Third, with Froyo 6, from my experience and reading this thread, after Froyo 6 install, data works, but the built in wireless tether / hotspot function does not work nor do the popular 3rd party apps mentioned in this thread (Barnacle and Open garden, I believe - partially because I think that a rooted Android install is required for them to work). The builtin wireless tether program just returns an error as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Fourth, as I understand, the storage card Froyo Android install / reboot approach is not the same as rooting the phone, therefore programs that require rooting will not work or won't install on my phone from Android market.

Hence, I am looking for feedback to see if others have found a wifi / tethering / hotspot program that gets around the issues of the Raphael 800 and works, so I can get back in business.

Are there gaping holes in what I understand? Based on this scenario, do you think the Android Eclair program will work? And, if so, with my current Froyo install, do I just install Eclair, it, or are there other adjustments / steps I must take to reach success? I am reading up on it now.

Thanks for your patience.

David
Good lord.

I told you, the issue is with your TouchPad. Figure out how to get it to connect to adhoc networks, and you're golden.

The build is already rooted. FRX06 is rooted. FRX07 is rooted. FRX07.1 is rooted.

If you're having issues with wifi hotspot, either post some logs or... well I guess the other option would be don't ask. Seriously. Without logs, nothing will get fixed or even established you're doing something wrong, unless it's something glaring. I don't know if the RAPH800 will work with the built-in hotspot in FRX06, but that build is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-14-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Quote:
I don't know if the RAPH800 will work with the built-in hotspot in FRX06, but that build is getting pretty long in the tooth.
It doesn't. I was merely posting to see if anyone had found success since the last conversations in this thread.

TouchPad DOES work with Ad hoc, as I said. Though a few manual adjustments need to be made in wifi settingsto get proper setup.

Unless someone surfaces, as I said, I will have to bag the effort and get another phone.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
It doesn't. I was merely posting to see if anyone had found success since the last conversations in this thread.

TouchPad DOES work with Ad hoc, as I said. Though a few manual adjustments need to be made in wifi settingsto get proper setup.

Unless someone surfaces, as I said, I will have to bag the effort and get another phone.
Uh... if the TouchPad works with adhoc then why not just use WinMo? I thought the whole debacle was because the TouchPad won't connect to adhoc networks.... .

If that's the case, I have no clue what you want. WMWifiRouter or whatever the app for WinMo is called.

/done.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Clarification to remove my misstatement, TouchPad does not work on adhoc...(at least without some hacks and with an unsecured connection). I meant to say it works only on infrastructure networks, hence my move to Android Froyo builds initially on TP2 and now my attempts on TP. References to adhoc above were meant to be infrastructure not adhoc..my apologies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro