PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX05 - "Stable" - Camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinGanon View Post
Yep, that would appear to be the problem. Thanks.

Once I got it running, it seems this version crashes a lot more than the previous Froyo I was running...
Kinda vague, but OK... Not sure how to help you other than to say thanks for the good review?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dash
Carrier: att

danshawna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Every time i attempt to run FRX05, the blue line goes accross and then the phone freezes. what am i doing wrong? I have followed the directions very carefully.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshawna View Post
Every time i attempt to run FRX05, the blue line goes accross and then the phone freezes. what am i doing wrong? I have followed the directions very carefully.
What phone? Have you tried any different kernels?

I don't think I've heard of this before, but freezes have been reported by some with the incorrect APN info. I heard if you *quickly* get to airplane mode, reboot, then you should be able to configure the APN.

^^ if that is your issue, I'd like to figure out the root cause...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Lurker

danshawna is a n00b

I have a verizon touch pro 6850. Raph 800. I put the correct start text in used everything in your current download and when i hit the haret program, the blue line goes acrross like it is going to load and then freezes.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Lurker

danshawna is a n00b

I did notice with the ts-calibration.zip folder that there is no extension on the file inside. I didnt see any txt extension on it. Am i missing something there?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have a verizon touch pro 6850. Raph 800. I put the correct start text in used everything in your current download and when i hit the haret program, the blue line goes acrross like it is going to load and then freezes.
VZ's TP is the 500, not the 800 friend.

Quote:
I did notice with the ts-calibration.zip folder that there is no extension on the file inside. I didnt see any txt extension on it. Am i missing something there?
There shouldn't be... did you read the first post? I slightly rewrote how that should work, hopefully it's easier to understand (people having issues renaming the file because Windows likes to hide common extensions...)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Lurker

danshawna is a n00b

I will try new start up text then. when i go to settings, about device it show rph800. I wonder why it says that, does it matter if i have flashed a different rom on it to change that info? Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I will try new start up text then. when i go to settings, about device it show rph800. I wonder why it says that, does it matter if i have flashed a different rom on it to change that info? Thanks again.
Check the FAQ on how to find what phone you have - no clue where that info you've listed is pulled from, the method in the FAQ is sure-fire .

Plus, I know for a fact that the 800 is Sprint and the 500 is VZ.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Lurker

danshawna is a n00b

I will give it a try tonight and give results tomorrow. Have a good one.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G (rooted), Sprint TP FRX05

dcatiller is a n00b

I played with FRX04 on my Touch Pro for a few days, then saw FRX05 was available. I've had the same problem on both builds and can't seem to find out how to fix it (forgive me if I'm missing something obvious). I can't get the data network to connect. I've been able to configure WiFi and use it reliably, but configuring the phone to connect to Sprint's data network is something I can't figure out. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Doug

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro