PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
Clarification to remove my misstatement, TouchPad does not work on adhoc...(at least without some hacks and with an unsecured connection). I meant to say it works only on infrastructure networks, hence my move to Android Froyo builds initially on TP2 and now my attempts on TP. References to adhoc above were meant to be infrastructure not adhoc..my apologies.
You said it does work, so why not use that?

I like USB tethering, but I'm sure that's another thing the TouchPad can't do....

Well, you still haven't submitted any logs of it crashing on the TP - so if you even want a small chance of it getting fixed that would be a good place to start.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pocket PC

Solo1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The Sprint Touch Pro (raphael 800) doesn't work with the built in Android wireless tether with Froyo 6.0 to connect via infrastructure network ...as said and the whole point of my first post...but Froyo 6 and 7 wifi hotspot works great with Touch Pro 2 (Rodhium 400).

This morning I snagged my gf's tp2 (mine was lost 2 weeks ago) and had it up and going with hotspot tp HP Touchpad in 10 minutes with the Froyo 6 and a change of startup.txt file to rhodium 400. You have to manually input DNS Addresses on the Touch Pad...that's it.

TouchPad has its limits, most of which you can work around.... Love the device. Esp' with the 2 OS updates last 60 days and some homebrew patches...its fast. WEBOS is excellent operating system.

Sent from TouchPad via Android wireless tether built into Froyo! Back in business.

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa.

Last edited by Solo1; 11-15-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Would be glad to submit a log to discover why Sprint Touch Pro Raphael 800 (Tp) generates error message upon start of wireless tether. Will have to figure out how to do a log. Be nice if it would work because I have 3 Touch Pro's on the shelf.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
The Sprint Touch Pro (raphael 800) doesn't work with the built in Android wireless tether with Froyo 6.0 to connect via infrastructure network ...as said and the whole point of my first post...but Froyo 6 and 7 wifi hotspot works great with Touch Pro 2 (Rodhium 400).

This morning I snagged my gf's tp2 (mine was lost 2 weeks ago) and had it up and going with hotspot tp HP Touchpad in 10 minutes with the Froyo 6 and a change of startup.txt file to rhodium 400. You have to manually input DNS Addresses on the Touch Pad...that's it.

TouchPad has its limits, most of which you can work around.... Love the device. Esp' with the 2 OS updates last 60 days and some homebrew patches...its fast. WEBOS is excellent operating system.

Sent from TouchPad via Android wireless tether built into Froyo! Back in business.

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa.
Good lord, how many times are you going to post this. I get it. It works on the TP2, not on the TP1. Guess how many users have the TP1? Now guess how many have the TP2. Now think about what the devs focus more on - a device they have, or a device they don't have. That's right, there's more devs with TP2's as well. Yeesh.

Either way, you need to quit blathering about this and post logs. I already understand it's broken on the TP1, but without logs your ramblings are completely useless. They would at least be slightly useful if you did actually provide logs, but you still have not.

If you bothered to read the FAQ, there's an entire section on logs. There's an app to help you pull them, and directions on how to manually pull them. Amazing.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:02 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

the reason I keep providing detailed responses is because your responses suggest you've missed stuff.

read prior post for example about posting logs.

Sheeh, good Lord and wow.

Plus I put in details (not ramblings) is for others to have clear answers.....

And please, I realize the TP's are small part of universe.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
the reason I keep providing detailed responses is because your responses suggest you've missed stuff.

read prior post for example about posting logs.

Sheeh, good Lord and wow.

Plus I put in details (not ramblings) is for others to have clear answers.....

And please, I realize the TP's are small part of universe.
My point is, you keep restating the same things over and over. I get the problem, now post some logs or STFU. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dirtycar74 is a n00b

1. sorry if I necro'd this thread.

2. I *was* up and running on TP1 Raph 800 but had it all of a sudden stop booting at the xdandroid loading animation with no error. WinMo will boot still, but all my junk is (or was) in the xdandroid stuff on the SD.

Is there some way that it has hosed/bricked my device/installation just by letting it sit unused for a period? Cause that's exactly what the circumstances are. I had it plugged in to power unused for several weeks, and when I went to pick it up to diddle with it, it just would no longer boot into xdandroid.

I thought I had FR-07, but I have been known to be wrong, as I couldn't easily find any but this thread (I must admit, I lazily relied on Google to bring me here).

Any tips to re-set it up would be great; I'd hate to have to put this otherwise half-decent device in the muckbin.

BTW I do NOT use a cell service, strictly Wi-Fi, I dropped sprint when they hit me with $700 of call forward charges to-from my google voice number a couple years ago.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycar74 View Post
BTW I do NOT use a cell service, strictly Wi-Fi, I dropped sprint when they hit me with $700 of call forward charges to-from my google voice number a couple years ago.
If you don't care about data go with FRX07.1 or even GBX0B (which is still in testing).
Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mahdimos is a n00b

Hello, im using a Raph 800 and i can't get it to boot in a reasonable time. I let it boot for like 5 hours yesterday and it worked but the screen calibration was messed up. From what i'm reading it shouldn't take that long anyway. So is there something i'm doing wrong that would make it take so long? The archive files "initrd" and "modules" should be left archived correct? Thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdimos View Post
Hello, im using a Raph 800 and i can't get it to boot in a reasonable time. I let it boot for like 5 hours yesterday and it worked but the screen calibration was messed up. From what i'm reading it shouldn't take that long anyway. So is there something i'm doing wrong that would make it take so long? The archive files "initrd" and "modules" should be left archived correct? Thanks in advance
This is old, please try FRX07.1. You might need an updated RIL to get data services however... we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro