PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

I have raph 800. Forgot to mention it since I said it before in one of the posts lol.
It looks that fixed the problem, thanks. It also fixed the auto-rotate issue as well.

Saw that post (2nd one with fix) but didnt think it applied to my phone since it listed diam100. I guess it can be modified to include raph 800 as well lol

I'm just wondering if you know that the phone seems to heat up a fair amount with minimal use. I have no wifi/gps enabled but just playing around on phone (no internet just opening applications) heats up the phone more than I expected. Doing same in winmo 6.1 I don't have this problem so I'm not sure if it's because something is off in Android or if the applications accessing data plan in background is doing this.

Anyhow that was just another one of my comments on gingerbread since I want to help get the bugs out of it but I dont know how to do any actual programming so I'm resorting to giving feedback

Last edited by EyeB; 03-19-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Yea, it probably gets hot from poor power management - and processor management.

Well I thought this issue was DIAM only to be perfectly honest - and not all RAPH users experience the issue... that is very strange indeed.

Glad the fix worked for you tho! I'll change the post .
Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint... if I could afford it

Tandyman100 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

No overheating here, seems to run perfectly except for the noted problems.
Only time my Raph800 gets warm is when charging, which is to be expected.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro

nejohnson is a n00b

I'm experiencing a lot of random restarts (to the splash animation) from normal usage.I've deleted the data.img several times to try to resolve it. Seems like any app that takes longer than normal to execute...the system just resets. Mine's a raph800 btw.

It's really fast, when it works.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejohnson View Post
I'm experiencing a lot of random restarts (to the splash animation) from normal usage.I've deleted the data.img several times to try to resolve it. Seems like any app that takes longer than normal to execute...the system just resets. Mine's a raph800 btw.

It's really fast, when it works.
Hrm, I don't think I've had any reboots to the XDAndroid bootani... but I honestly haven't run this build for any extended periods of time, I stick to Froyo because of the issues with data in this build.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I've had the reboot to the xdandroid screen once in a while. It seemed to help once I got it ran a few times and it becomes a bit more stable.

Although once it gets hot and starts lagging, seems like it goes to boot screen about half the time, the other half it does comeplete reboot into winmo
Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Telus

Reign01 is a n00b

Any solution to the problem involving the keyboard shown here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/snap20110314_144136.png
Old 05-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign01 View Post
Any solution to the problem involving the keyboard shown here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/snap20110314_144136.png
Don't you have a RAPH so you don't have to use the soft kbd..?

Seriously tho, that shows that I forgot to update the second post in this thread vs the more active xda thread... sorry 'bout that!

Here's the updated details you'll care about:

The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another. mr_grisha's original post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Telus

Reign01 is a n00b

I am able to solve the problem arrrghhh, but I have just noticed that my browser isn't working correctly. It closes while loading the home page. Any suggestions? FYI im trying to connect on my 3g network

Last edited by Reign01; 05-10-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign01 View Post
I am able to solve the problem arrrghhh, but I have just noticed that my browser isn't working correctly. It closes while loading the home page. Any suggestions? FYI im trying to connect on my 3g network
Yea, it's kinda silly - basically location services thru Google's homepage try to locate you... it fails since libgps is not really functional... and it kills the browser.

I don't know if you can change the browser's homepage, or if using an alternate browser like Dolphin or Opera would be a better option - I actually prefer Froyo as I really like the location-based services in Android .
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro