PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

thebestaround is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro won't charge/stops charging

The other day I noticed my battery low so I plugged the charger in. I came back and it was dead. When I looked into it closer, when I plug in the charger the light on the front comes on briefly, it lights up 3-4 times then cuts off. Before it died it said the battery source was "unknown" and wouldnt show an amount of life left for the battery. I cant seem to find any solution or even a similar problem. I dont think its the charger because it happens with multiple chargers. Nothing happens if plugged in through usb either. Any ideas?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro won't charge/stops charging

it sounds like the usb port is shot, but it's known that when the tp gets hot, it won't charge..period. my advice is take it to a sprint store if you have insurance.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thebestaround is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
it sounds like the usb port is shot, but it's known that when the tp gets hot, it won't charge..period. my advice is take it to a sprint store if you have insurance.
Even if its been completely idle and not hot at all the problem happens. Oddly enough I accidently put it in bootloader mode while trying to turn it off and didn't notice only to come back later and find that it charged while in bootloader mode. It still has "unknown" listed for battery life but it seems odd that it'll connect to my computer and charge in bootloader mode but wont in any other way. Of course now the volume down button doesnt want to work, that would be my luck.

I just had this phone replaced with the insurance less than a month ago but I don't have it on this specific one. I assume there would be some sort of warranty?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

it has a one year with htc, but with sprint insurance it can always be replaced.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

Have you done the simple/obvious stuff? Remove the battery for >10 seconds? Hard reset?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

wngafook is a n00b

Ahh! Same exact thing is happening to me. I ordered one of the 1340mAh batteries from iGoneMobile. Their customer service is very helpful, by the way. They even sent me another one for free, taking ownership of the problem immediately. Just wanted to plug them, because they've tried their best to help.

How do you know that it's charging in bootloader? I'm experiencing exactly the same symptoms, but in bootloader mode I don't see the white pulsing. I'll leave it for a few hours and restart to see if that did anything by chance.

Great ideas, by the way. I thought by chance it was the ROM I had, so I flashed back to stock - that's not it either. That fulfills the hard reset suggestion, and definitely the remove-the-battery one has been done dozens of times. All to no avail.

Also, to answer Dr. 8820: it's not the charging unit, the port or the charger (at least for me). I still have the original battery, which charges normally.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way. Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I'm very happy to know there are others who are just as miserable as me.

Cheers,
Wesley
Old 01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Intertelecom (UA)

serhiyvk is a n00b

Hi all, I already posted somewhere here, the problem is that the battery which is listed as "unknown" and wouldn't charge is the battery for GSM TouchPro. I have couple of them. When in WinMobile they don't charge, I can charge them only, when I load Android. I use them on Android, when the device is constantly plugged in and I tether internet by WiFi to my main laptop.

I also have another couple of batteries, and they work and charghe under WinMobile as usual, I bought them for 5 USD piece on ebay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro