PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 04:08 PM
expectafight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Angry Entering Bootloader Without Vol. Down

This one may already be a lost cause but I'm going to ask anyway.

I was in the midst of a Task 29 with splash screen at work on my TP getting ready to flash a titanium ROM when my supervisor called me over to talk. When I got up, my foot got tangled in with my USB cord and my phone fell side-first on the ground with a lot of force. I picked up my phone to see that I had cracked the battery cover and that the volume rocker was detached from the phone. At first, I didn't think too much of it and I tried to just put it back in it's slot but it kept falling out and it didn't actually touch the circuit board in the right place anymore.

It wasn't until I was ready to try to enter the bootloader again that I realized that I needed the volume down button. Currently, all my TP can do is just show the splash screen that I flashed on it but that's it. I can't enter the bootloader at all. Does anyone know any other way that I can flash a ROM on the phone or at least enter the bootloader from a splash screen flashed phone without using Volume Down?

I'm going to ask the guys at XDA this also, just in case anyone knows anything or if this has happened to someone else.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Entering Bootloader Without Vol. Down

theres a cab somewhere for bootloader i believe.... also if you flash from a PC, itll put it in bootloader for you
Old 12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
expectafight

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
theres a cab somewhere for bootloader i believe.... also if you flash from a PC, itll put it in bootloader for you
It won't make an activesync connection because I task 29'ed a splash screen, not a radio. The only screen I see is that splash screen. For that matter, I can't run any cab's either.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure you need volume down to get bootloader or flash from storage card. Can you still press it with a paperclip or something?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM
expectafight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I'm pretty sure you need volume down to get bootloader or flash from storage card. Can you still press it with a paperclip or something?
I've tried but by the looks of it, I think I need something to interact with the board. It's bare at that spot. Normally, with buttons on circuit boards, there is something that looks like hard rubber that touches the board at a certain spot. I've tried mimicking this with a rubberband and tape, still no go...

Things are really starting to look bleak.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yup fraid so.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro