PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Intertelecom (UA)

serhiyvk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GSM Battery in CDMA Touch Pro device

Hi everyone,
I got CDMA Touch Pro RAPH800 without battery, and not knowing anything yet on the subject I bought in local store two batteries and they appeared to be the batteries for GSM Touch Pro (at that time I didn't know that there is a difference).

So they work on device but show status "unknown" and don't charge, only in separate battery charger.
I searched here and on XDA and found no answer but also found some Helgee battery driver, with this was better since it showed always 100% of battery and I was able to flash in Mighty ROM.

I'm pretty sure that this depends on battery driver since when I boot Android, the status of the battery is shown and the GSM battery is charging. But as for now with Android I feel a bit worse than with WM (either me or Android on Touch Pro still needs to learn)

So does somebody knows, if it possible to use and charge GSM battery on CDMA Touch Pro?
The need is from category "would be nice to have it" since I already bought 2 5$ batteries for CDMA Touch Pro on eBay and they work well.
Thank you!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: GSM Battery in CDMA Touch Pro device

Did you get a knock off branded GSM battery? If so, those don't work quite right on the CDMA phones.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah I've had that happen to me with a knock-off battery,

try to get a refund. This isn't a GSM - CDMA thing, it's a cheap vendor thing.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah I've had that happen to me with a knock-off battery,

try to get a refund. This isn't a GSM - CDMA thing, it's a cheap vendor thing.
That's what I was thinking... Batteries should be radio-agnostic. Heck, there's even different devices that use the same battery (TP2 & Evo for example).
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Intertelecom (UA)
Threadstarter

serhiyvk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

No, they are not branded HTC, but they are for GSM device, I can not charge them and they don't show percentage left, otherwise they work.

I charge them in separate charger or when I switch to Android.

Also as I wrote in first message I got 2 cheap 5 USD batteries from ebay for CDMA and they work. Now I want to use my Touch Pro as a modem, and I think in this case batteries will quicly become bad, so I want to keep those which are working and use those, which I bought first (for GSM device).

So I look for two solutions, either get the phone working as a router under Android via wifi or bluetoth (didn't manage to get it yet) or find the way for those GSM batteries to get charged in Windows Mobile.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
battery