PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   GSM Battery in CDMA Touch Pro device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137429)

serhiyvk 11-23-2010 01:24 AM

GSM Battery in CDMA Touch Pro device

Hi everyone,
I got CDMA Touch Pro RAPH800 without battery, and not knowing anything yet on the subject I bought in local store two batteries and they appeared to be the batteries for GSM Touch Pro (at that time I didn't know that there is a difference).

So they work on device but show status "unknown" and don't charge, only in separate battery charger.
I searched here and on XDA and found no answer but also found some Helgee battery driver, with this was better since it showed always 100% of battery and I was able to flash in Mighty ROM.

I'm pretty sure that this depends on battery driver since when I boot Android, the status of the battery is shown and the GSM battery is charging. But as for now with Android I feel a bit worse than with WM (either me or Android on Touch Pro still needs to learn:???:)

So does somebody knows, if it possible to use and charge GSM battery on CDMA Touch Pro?
The need is from category "would be nice to have it" since I already bought 2 5$ batteries for CDMA Touch Pro on eBay and they work well.
Thank you!

GirlGoneGeek 12-02-2010 08:11 PM

Re: GSM Battery in CDMA Touch Pro device

Did you get a knock off branded GSM battery? If so, those don't work quite right on the CDMA phones.

orangekid 12-03-2010 11:40 AM

yeah I've had that happen to me with a knock-off battery,

try to get a refund. This isn't a GSM - CDMA thing, it's a cheap vendor thing.

arrrghhh 12-03-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2006584)
yeah I've had that happen to me with a knock-off battery,

try to get a refund. This isn't a GSM - CDMA thing, it's a cheap vendor thing.

That's what I was thinking... Batteries should be radio-agnostic. Heck, there's even different devices that use the same battery (TP2 & Evo for example).

serhiyvk 12-05-2010 08:40 AM

No, they are not branded HTC, but they are for GSM device, I can not charge them and they don't show percentage left, otherwise they work.

I charge them in separate charger or when I switch to Android.

Also as I wrote in first message I got 2 cheap 5 USD batteries from ebay for CDMA and they work. Now I want to use my Touch Pro as a modem, and I think in this case batteries will quicly become bad, so I want to keep those which are working and use those, which I bought first (for GSM device).

So I look for two solutions, either get the phone working as a router under Android via wifi or bluetoth (didn't manage to get it yet) or find the way for those GSM batteries to get charged in Windows Mobile.