PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

retiredhp2200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about post TP ROM flash.

Ok, so after getting into a heated debate with Sprint about the particular issues my cell phone has along with the lack of service my local service center can actually give me I've come to the conclusion that the only real fix for me is to flash the rom.

I tried Energy roms and they were nice, but left me with no functionality for the basic today screen with the average plugins (as in the standard windows CE today screen... pre cell phone manufactures 'eye candy').

I'm currently running Mighty Rom, but I would like to at least play around with the sense 2.5 today screen plugin a little (w/o a preinstalled version of cookies home tab stuff).

Is there a way to get that as a .cab file or does that have to be in the build of the OS?

Also, does anyone know where I can pick up the PRL and Profile update programs for sprint (maybe even Sprint Navigation)?

Thanks.

p.s.

I did find the links where the Mighty Rom addons can be downloaded (http://www.mightyrom.com/2010/02/18/mightyrom-blackout/) but the cab links are dead ends (404 error).

Last edited by retiredhp2200; 12-06-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Re: Questions about post TP ROM flash.

Sense 2.5 is built into the rom. The second link in Energy's thread points to ROMS without cookie.
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

Regardling the PRL, I haven't tried this yet, but I was going to look into it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-3-2010-a.html

I don't use Sprint Navigation.

Good Luck.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-up...de-forums.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rich_e is just getting started

The http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-up...n-21914-a.html has sense 2.5 baked in. I like it a lot, very stable. Also, if you're having lags with incoming texts and calls going to voice mail without the phone even ringing, try flashing the Verizon radio.

The rom I'm running now, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-up...-102109-a.html, does have the update profile and update PRL programs in it. I don't recall if they were in the Tank rom or not. I've seen the Sprint nav .cab on here, quick search should turn it up.

Last edited by rich_e; 12-10-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added info on another rom
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

retiredhp2200 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
whoops!

my fault.

To quick to use search I guess.

I'll look into some of these other builds.

Thus far I've been verry happy with Windows 6.5 and 90% of my problems have gone away now that I've been using it (except for some odd issue with s2u2).

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

retiredhp2200 is a n00b

Ok, so I've ran the Tank rom on my phone for a few days and had to pull it off my phone. I think the problem is with CHT itself.

When I run Sense alone (in a nut shell it's TF3d TNG) I have no problems, but when I run Sense with CHT / Editor I get lock ups and screen garbles (not sure how to explain it and I didn't take a SS of it). Once it even got to the point where I couldn't input anything via the keyboard or on screen keyboard and when the phone would go into standby I would have to do a soft reset (button on the bottom of the phone) in order to get the phone back (just to have it happen all over again).

I didn't try indagroove's rom yet but I'll work on that next week.

Anyone know if the issues with CHT I've (tried) to explain are common issues?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro