PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help I think i bricked my phonw

What exactly did you try to do that caused the problem? Links and filenames would be helpful. If you tried to unlock your CDMA phone with the GSM unlocker, you are bricked. If you tried to flash a GSM radio or a GSM ROM containing a radio to your CDMA phone, you are bricked. Other then that, I don't now of a way to end up bricking your phone (other than hardware issues).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: bell
Threadstarter

accurato is a n00b

iunlocked the phone using Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 that went fine. Then i flashed from bell to sprint because im moving that went fine also. The issues stated when i flashed it the third time " should have quit after the 2nd". I flashed it using WinMo6.5(Build 23529)_plusExtras that was the mistake i now know it was gsm and the phone is cdma. The phone is in a loop touch pro starts's then it reboot's. I can get it into the boot screen, cannot acess the phone via the comp but it does sync. I have tried

Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.3_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_PRL6063_Ship.exe
MightyROM6_Herman
Raphael_CDMA_Relocker
SPRINTRELOCKER
task29 Sprint TP Radio V1.03.15F Shipped R
task29 VZW Raphael Shipped rom v1.03.03v R
task 29 with splash screen
Bell Stock ROM TP

if i use the sd card it just hangs on the loading screen if i use the comp. i get to screnn, the current information about your PDA phone and my image Version is blank. I choose update pick the version that's listed and it sync's up, get's to 1% then reboots putting the phone back into the toch pro link loop. On the comp. I get ERROR(294): Invalid vendor id.
Any help would much appreciated .
Old 11-26-2010, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurato View Post
iunlocked the phone using Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 that went fine. Then i flashed from bell to sprint because im moving that went fine also. The issues stated when i flashed it the third time " should have quit after the 2nd". I flashed it using WinMo6.5(Build 23529)_plusExtras that was the mistake i now know it was gsm and the phone is cdma. The phone is in a loop touch pro starts's then it reboot's. I can get it into the boot screen, cannot acess the phone via the comp but it does sync. I have tried

Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.3_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_PRL6063_Ship.exe
MightyROM6_Herman
Raphael_CDMA_Relocker
SPRINTRELOCKER
task29 Sprint TP Radio V1.03.15F Shipped R
task29 VZW Raphael Shipped rom v1.03.03v R
task 29 with splash screen
Bell Stock ROM TP

if i use the sd card it just hangs on the loading screen if i use the comp. i get to screnn, the current information about your PDA phone and my image Version is blank. I choose update pick the version that's listed and it sync's up, get's to 1% then reboots putting the phone back into the toch pro link loop. On the comp. I get ERROR(294): Invalid vendor id.
Any help would much appreciated .
Flashing a GSM ROM with no radio will not brick your phone. I've done it before when I forgot to change OEMXIPKernel from a GSM to CDMA in a ROM I built once. It did the constant reboot thing. I just put it in bootloader (hold vol. down and push/hold the power button), connected to usb, and flashed a new ROM. Most kitchens these days make it pretty hard to put a radio in the ROM. Where did you get "WinMo6.5(Build 23529)_plusExtras"? I googled it and all I get is a bunch of torrents.

Have you tried unlocking your phone again? I would 1) re-lock 2) flash a shipped rom from whatever carrier branded the phone 3) unlock with proper unlocker 4) try to flash a custom ROM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

accurato is a n00b

I have tried to flash the original rom from bell but it habgs on the loading screen same thing happens with the locker and unlocker. as for the last flash that caused me problems it was from another site serves me right.
It was to update to version 1.9 and 6.5 on the operating system, but it turns out it was a gsm file. The boot procedure works it just wont finish what it starts 0% only herman file gets to 1% then the phone goes into loop again. I might be flashing wrong bell rom but i dont think so.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurato View Post
what im getting when the try the re locker .037 stock is error 262 communication error after it hangs im using vista 64 and i have tried different cable and port
Don't relock the phone thats not going to solve anything.

You only need to run the unlocker once and only need to relock if you are heading to the service department to hide the fact you flashed a ROM!

Communication errors are usually USB related not the phone. Now you could have a bad USB port on the phone but I would try another USB cable and a reboot of the desktop before you flash.

Oh also never try to flash with the phone plugged into a USB hub, always connect directly to the computer. Sometime HUBs will screw up the solid connection needed. There is a good reason why the installer says don't disconnect the phone during install.

If you still get TriColor you are not bricked.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

accurato is a n00b
Re: Help stuck in bootloading screen

what I'm getting when try Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037/or relocker is "error 262 communication error" after it hangs at 0%. I'm using vista 64 and i am using the same cable and port that was used to unlock the phone flash it a second time successfully but not the third so i dont think it's the cable. If i try to load from sd card just hangs at 0%. I have tried the following:

Bell Stock ROM TP
Bell_Elite_RC1_RC1_21234_20090624
task29 Sprint v1.12.34F
Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.3_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_PRL6063_Ship
Raphael_CDMA_Relocker
Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037

They load alright get to the page where it shows my current image version, and it is blank. I pick the version to update it starts, phone and comp switch to loading screen and it stay's at 0%. After a while it now comes up with an error that say's ERROR (294) : INVALID VENDOR ID. Near the exit button just above the exit button is a code

B a3-RBRK<567-SQEVc568-RBRK<5670 if that can help in any way.

Only Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.3_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_PRL6063_Ship gets to 1% before it goes into the reboot startup loop where all i see the the touch pro screen then reboots, all the others just stay at 0% with the error above .
These are just a few i have tried MightyROM4_06.20.09_Herman, task29 and others but it just wont sync up. Although it say's usb on phone and they do seem to start to sync when i first plug in the phone using the usb my mobile sync center does not recognize the phone nor can i access any of the files because it's not on my list under comp.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by accurato; 12-18-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

accurato is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Help stuck in bootloading screen

Should i resign myself to a new bookend or paper weight. I have tried the hard reboot also. Getting into the start up where it loads all the manufacturer defaults after pressing vol Up then goes back into loop cycle unless i boot it into the tri color screen. I have tried all the options listed above with no results. Ive been reading about a gold card sd would this perhaps fix my issues.

Last edited by accurato; 12-31-2010 at 04:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro