PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro is a tough phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137021)

doorbellz 11-15-2010 05:44 PM

Touch Pro is a tough phone

My TP fell out of my pocket and was rained on for about 8 hours. Color tabs were bright red. I removed the battery and put the phone in a tub of dry oatmeal (didn't have any rice). Two days later I powered up phone and everything is working.

AZTECHKA 11-15-2010 06:10 PM

Re: Touch Pro is a tough phone

What flavor?

LOL...
Yeah... My wife had dropped her TP more than 10 times... It was bashed to hell. And everything still worked.
Eventually one too many drops killed the screen... I should have her replacement phone tonight. I hope it happens soon before she drops her temp phone she's using. My old HTC Touch. It's the one my 4 year old uses to watch movies on.
He's yet to drop it. LOL
I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. Next time try cuscous see if that works. LOL.
p.

arrrghhh 11-15-2010 08:20 PM

Hell yes it's a tough phone. I used mine for almost 2 years... I had the thing for a week and dropped it in the toilet, thank god I had just flushed it. Plunged my arm in, and the phone turned off of course... Dried it off, and was impatient so I booted it back up after an hour of drying. Thing worked like a champ. Had some dark spots on the screen for about a week, but those faded as well haha.

My TP2 feels even more solid of a phone, love HTC's build quality (at least in my limited experience with these two phones ;))

AZTECHKA 11-15-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 1996167)
Hell yes it's a tough phone. I used mine for almost 2 years... I had the thing for a week and dropped it in the toilet, thank god I had just flushed it. Plunged my arm in, and the phone turned off of course... Dried it off, and was impatient so I booted it back up after an hour of drying. Thing worked like a champ. Had some dark spots on the screen for about a week, but those faded as well haha.

My TP2 feels even more solid of a phone, love HTC's build quality (at least in my limited experience with these two phones ;))

And this is why I never use anybody else's phone. If my phone fell in the toilet... I would fashion some sort of retreival device out of metal clothes hangers and I would get it out only to place the phone and the hook into the big trash can outside.
I would gladly pay the 100 dollar deductible to replace it.
p.

arrrghhh 11-15-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 1996173)
And this is why I never use anybody else's phone. If my phone fell in the toilet... I would fashion some sort of retreival device out of metal clothes hangers and I would get it out only to place the phone and the hook into the big trash can outside.
I would gladly pay the 100 dollar deductible to replace it.
p.

Certainly not my proudest moment, didn't think much about it and just 'did' it. Much better than $100 down the drain (to me), literally :p

Oh and FYI - if you're that much of a germs freak, don't drop your phone on the floor. It's been proven that the floor is a heckuva lot worse than the toilet seat or bowl as far as germs/bacteria go.... Food for thought ;)

horndoctor 11-15-2010 10:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Did you rinse it off? lol! :D

arrrghhh 11-15-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1996240)
Did you rinse it off? lol! :D

LOL, no it had gone thru enough.

AZTECHKA 11-16-2010 07:20 PM

Next time that happens... Put it in some rice over night. Then you'll have something to make for dinner the next day. Or cuscus if you're trying to be healthy or oatmeal if you want breakfast.
lol.
p.

arrrghhh 11-16-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 1996890)
Next time that happens... Put it in some rice over night. Then you'll have something to make for dinner the next day. Or cuscus if you're trying to be healthy or oatmeal if you want breakfast.
lol.
p.

Yea... touching my ear is enough. Not going to eat off the damned thing :p

Asphyx 11-19-2010 03:27 PM

The Rice is good, any dried product will do...

Here is a hint, you know those packets that come in the box with just about every piece of electronics you buy?

It's called Silica gel collect them and throw them into a big jar!
Throw your phone in there after washing! LOL