PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

okwassup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to okwassup Send a message via Yahoo to okwassup
Question save stock ROM and setting

Never did a thing with my HTC TP1, since its the one i use to log online., bought a used one , and know have the courage to play with it., i found some files on how to fix the meid ..etc , i would like to see if i can do it ., but before that i think i would like to flash the touch pro sprint with different roms , and unlock it, iam sure there is so much to know but hope i can get the basics.
how do i save the stock rom of the touch pro i have , i seen that they have them online as original stock rom...etc , but iam sure would be best if i save what i have with all the setting for my sprint phone.

can one give me a link or guid of how its done please .
sincerely
Old 11-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: save stock ROM and setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by okwassup View Post
how do i save the stock rom of the touch pro i have , i seen that they have them online as original stock rom...etc , but iam sure would be best if i save what i have with all the setting for my sprint phone.

can one give me a link or guid of how its done please .
sincerely
Actually no it's not better to try and save the stock rom. Better to download and keep a copy of the stock rom you found around just in case things get spooky and messed up later on.

And settings will never be saved or can they be flashed back into a device. It is better to use your computer to backup things like contacts and mobile favorites and simply sync it after flashing.

You could save some settings via some programs like PIM backup and a regedit file without syncing if you like.

The best you can do as far as setting up a Phone via flash is to add and remove packages to a Kitchen and tweak the settings of those programs before you build the rom and flash it.

This is quite an advanced activity and I would suggest you avoid using a Kitchen until you get enough experience flashing roms first.

There are many ready made roms here. Go to the Upgrade section for the system your carrier uses.

Since you have Sprint you need to look in the CDMA Upgrade section.
The Unlocker (SPL) you need is pinned at the top of that section.
While your getting it also get the Stock Sprint ROM to keep around just in case!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro