PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

misterjose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
prl update

hey guys and gals. i recently activated my tp back. i had it flashed to metro pcs. i got all the mms and web working until last night.
when i dial ##775# it says update prl.
how do i update it. btw my tp is from sprint flashed to metro pcs.
any help would be great thanks.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: prl update

When I was flashing my tp to cricket, i had to install an old 1x prl for my area and then do *228 and it would update my prl to current. Had to always do it that way. I don't know the flashing process to get mpcs but i'm sure there was a method in it that required a particular prl to be installed to work. It was the same with cricket, but the required prl was outdated. So I found a way around it that worked for me. Try some test and find the prl page that has all prls. Will see If I can find the link and edit this post.

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

The way i found the 1x prl that worked for me was by installing it and dialing *228. If i had the wrong plr, it would go halfway thru the ota programing and hang up. Also when I had the current prl update on my device, the *228 ota update would go half way then hang up. Like I stated, I don't know how mpcs works, but it was my cricket experiance. Try some testing and see what works.

Last edited by jpwhre; 10-10-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Found link
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

misterjose is a n00b

i did that. i uploaded different prl's and did the *228 and did the roaming list update. it finished the programming, but when i enter ##775# and enter my code which is 000000 i only get the prl page and it says update prl. my calling and texting is perfectly fine. i just cant connect to the internet. my data connection prompts username which is my 10digitnumber@mymetropcs.net and the password which is metropcs. but it says failed #777 . i know this issues is because i cant access my prl and all that stuff. it was working perfectly fine. i was using the gps and when i got out of the free it disconnected and no im in this mess. any thoughts? im thinking about upgrading to mightrom6 since my rom is mightrom2 lmaoo it has been that long since i used my tp. but its still the shizznniittt lol
Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6.0 Sprint
Carrier: metro

revized is a n00b

i have the same problem , i has something to do with metro messing with the way the do mms now, either because the upgrading to the 3g network and now the new mms file needs to be found/configured so anyone can use it or they are tring to stop non metropcs phones from getting free service net and pic mail even though we are paying for it. it happened to me and my girls storm 2 at the same time when we got a text msg from metro about updating to 3g and some "older" phones not working with their service any longer, i say quote older because i looked though at their web site what phones were effected and they were really old ones listed so i figure we just gotta wait. i call a local store today since it has been a few days and its not working. some lady said call customer service and have them "refresh" your phone. whatever that means.lol. all my other phones are non houdini esn`s so i will be tring to figure mms out soon for those as well, without calling customer service and dropping the bomb about using a phone they don`t allow.lol
Matthew 25:23
Old 10-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon

TheXev is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev

Perhaps this thread can help: Offical Web And MMS Setting For Metro Pcs!!! Please Sticky!!!?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Lurker

revized is a n00b

well that thread is from 08` did you read our question about how mms was working and now not working? Or was that just a kinda random pre-programmed help reply to boost your post count. lol =)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Lurker

revized is a n00b

well well i finally got mms back with my touch pro , although the IE speed is still same as before with no improvement. i suppose my "3 or 4g " upgrade although my girls storm 2 has had a huge improvement with online speed.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint then Cricket then Sprint

radiowatcher_06 is a n00b

In order for me to do any OTA things (profile and PRL), I had to set my SPC/MSL back to factory from 000000. Once the SPC was changed back to factory all was good and I was able to OTA.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro